Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Who has small children...?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jul 3, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I need a bit of help with choosing a pushchair. Yes, I know, bit early for any sort of planning! but a) I have a friend who needs one and b) if I make my mind up what I want now it will be easy when I need one!

When my boy was still needing a pushchair I had the mamas and papas pramette, but just used it as a pushchair. It was great. I loved the way it folded (hate the big bulky folding ones) I loved its adjustable handle bars BUT it was not that easy to get things into the shopping basket! (unles you went round the side and even then it was a squeeze.)

So we are looking for something that is similar to the mamas and papas one.
    It needs to fold up like this one Google Image Result for http://www.which.co.uk/media/images/product-gallery-4/mamas-and-papas_pliko-pramette-158543.jpg

OR, does anyone know a website where I can tick off the features I want the buggy to have, then it will show me all the ones that have those things? I hate ones with smaller wheels on the front! And they need to be swivel wheels too.

Sorry, odd questions and its quite late too but I am awake, oh has gone to bed so not even the x box in the background to amuse me so i thought I'd do a bit of window shopping.

PS- I forgot to mention in my other thread it wasn't my 'time of the month' on sat, just a random bit of spotting and I am a whole day late! (That has not happened since before we moved here, has been EXACTLY 27 days so I am just keeping EVERYTHING crossed for now! Lol!)

xx

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Sorry my kids are all teenagers now - but a friend had a baby last year and got a mama's and papa's - not sure which one, but it was one of the few that you can use with the baby facing you as you push - she felt this was really important as she wanted to be able to see her baby and create eye contact.
    I'll try and find out which one it was if you want.
    You could get a car seat to clip on to the frame as well.

3. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

I havn't but i got a teenager going stare if you want her:rolleyes::D

4. My lad is still in a pushchair even though he is 3, he has mobility problems. I have also product tested pushchairs lol.

I have a pliko p3... same sort as yours but not the pramette version. I dont have any problems with the basket, apart from it not being very big.

The chicco CT 01 is a similar pushair too - sort of chico's version of the p3. I have one that i product tested. Taller and longer than the pliko but basically the same pushchair.

Ive heard very good things about the bebeconfort loola and the loola UP- which not only umbrella folds but also seems to shrink in on itsself - much better for the boot of the car.

My friend has a Jane Carerra which also umbrella folds and has a decent basket underneath.

I think the bebecar reversus also umbrella folds - but the basket looks teeny!

Hope that helps!

5. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Thanks. i found one that looks pretty good lastnight.. the graco cleo I thnik it was?
    i do like the look of the silver cross one too :)

Graco Cleo Logico S Travel System
    its got cup holders :) lol

I'm vert tired today. Not because I was up lat but I just couldn't sleep it was so hot. And next doors cat jumped on me from the velux just as I was off to sleep!

Testing tomorrow.. not expecting it to tell me anything as all I could afford was a cheap tesco test! But you never know. Lol!

x

7. jilly40

jilly40 PetForums VIP

wish you all the best with ur test i had spotting like you describe all thru my 3rd preg so will keep em crossed x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice