Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

who has a pedigree cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by aella851, Aug 5, 2009.

1. aella851

aella851 PetForums Junior

I was just wondering who has a pedigree cat, and who wants one. I am thinking about getting a siberian cat have read up loads about them, i thought about a maine coon but as the siberian are slighly smaller in size, not neccesary weight. Also i like the sound of the siberian purr well what i have heard on videos on the internet. I have also looked at books and there are so many beautiful breeds out there. Also i have read that with pedigree you can have a rough idea what kind of nature they have, lively, quite, playful, agile etc

2. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

Have you heard the Maine Coon chirrup on youtube? It's very cute too. :)

I have a Maine Coon & a Birman. Both extremely different.

3. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

We have 2 British cream short hairs and half Russian blue /moggy!

All are lovely in nature.:D

4. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

I have a Birman.

She is a big softie and so laid-back and lovable!

#4 Cat_Crazy, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  5. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

I have six Ragdolls......and oh not forgetting five adorable kittens!:D

6. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

i have a maine coon and she is not too big and has the funniest chirp but is great natured

7. bluechip

bluechip PetForums Senior

i have two siamese and getting a fawn point boy on weds as well so thats three plus i have breed my girls, so have had lots of babies.

8. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

I think if I could afford a pedigree I would have a Ragamuffin, a Birman or a Bengal. I think they are beautiful cats.

Unfortunately I can't afford £400. I love my moggies though and would still have them!

Sharon
    x

9. munners

munners PetForums Junior

I have a siberian and she is just great really loving, naughty and very talkative she follows me everywhere i love her to bits.

Regards
    Nicki

10. ambercat

ambercat PetForums Senior

I have 9 persians - 7 are colourpoints, 1 is a red self, and 1 is a chinchilla persian. Agile they are not LOL! but affectionate and laid back, most certainly (oh, well apart from the chinnie when it comes to grooming, but we are working on that - she's a rescue girl) ;)

11. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

I've got two ragdolls (& three rescue moggies). They're big, soft dog like cats which love to retrieve - through a toy mouse for them & they'll fetch it back for you to throw it again, lol!

12. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

My first cat was a cream point persian and i have never forgotten him he was my baby have also had chinchilla persian and a black tipped exotic they have the most sweetest nature.

13. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

I have at the mo a british short hair black smoke.

14. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

I grew up with lovely moggies, then when left home at 21 I had Siamese & Orientals for almost 2 decades, with my own GCCF prefix, and a show neuter who was BOB 3 times at Olympia, one BIS and almost a Gr Pr. I loved them to bits but my present living circumstances would not suit that breed. I have also owned a Somali - totally lovely cats and very much overlooked.

I was the first person in the UK to meet Jean Mill, the founder of the bengal breed; first UK person to join the american Bengal breed club; first to write the first published article on Bengals in the UK [Cat World, January 1990] and was very nearly the first person to import them. But even after all these years I still don't own one; have not been in the right place or the right time, yet.

Right now I have the first moggy cat I've lived with since I was in my late teens. She's totally smashing, what more can I say? The right cat for me right now! I adore the fact she can wander outside and hunt, roll in the grass, come home decorated with engine oil on her head [lol].. she is her own person. She adores my dog and always greets him before saying hello to me.

There's a lot to be said for patience :)

15. Faerie Queene

Faerie Queene PetForums Member

I have 3 'moggies', but would really like to add a 'foreign job' or two (or more!)
    By foreign, I mean elegant, slim, sleek - basically Siamese and it's derivatives.:)

16. Naomi84

Naomi84 PetForums Newbie

I've got 2 Brown Spotted Bengal kittens which are my first pedigree cats. I've only had them for only 2 weeks but already I know I made the right decision in choosing this breed. They have the most amazing characters already! They're so playful and loving and they make the cutest chripping noises and seem to learn a new sound every day at the moment. Their new obsession is going in the bath even with no water in there :)

Attached Files:

17. poshmog

poshmog PetForums Member

I have 2 Norwegian Forest Cats ,2 Persian x's and 7 moggies of different colours.
    They all get on really well,and the NFC'S are just adaorable lumps,who love chatting to you,and love you to death,but they're not clingy.
    Love em all:D

18. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

2 ragdolls one registered one not. Oh I forgot about Oscar 2 unregistered and a moggy, who lives outside most of the time much to my dismay and now I have 2 ragdolls chasing hte keys so Igive up.

#18 Milly22, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  19. i have a cornish and a persian

and 2 moggies

all rescues

20. kateaitken07

kateaitken07 PetForums Junior

I have a Russian Blue and the rest are moggies :)

Im saving up for a Maine Coon which hopefully I can get this time next year :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice