Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

who drinks coca cola??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by celicababe1986, Mar 29, 2011.

1. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

well I did, and lots of it :eek:
    until my dental appointment yesterday, the dentist took one look in my mouth and said 'you drink alot of coke dont you'

He gave me a leaflet and I thought I would share some shocking facts with you!!

* In the USA the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke to remove blood from the roads after car accidents
    *Put a t-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will dissolve completly in two days
    *Pour a can into the toilet bowl and flush after an hour. The citric acid will remove all stains (from china)
    *To clean corrosion off of car battery terminals, pour a can of coke over~it will bubble away the corrosion
    *To loosen that rusty bolt, apply a cloth soaked in coke for several minutes.

*The active ingredient in coke is PHOSPHORIC acid. Its PH is 2.8!! It will dissolve a nail in roughly four days!!~Its this substance that makes it highly addictive!

*To carry coca-cola syrup the commercial truck must use the hazardous material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials!!

*The distrubutors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for around 20 years!!

If it can do all that think about what it is doing to your insides!! rather disturbing isnt it! so I have swapped to diet coke to try and wean myself of off it.:eek:

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I used to drink 4 litres of diet coke a day (at least) Im now down to 1 can a day, it was really hard though. When I had a tooth out it crumbled and had to be taken out in little bits, the dentist also guessed I drank diet coke, its really terrible stuff.

3. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I worked in a cocktail bar over 25 years ago and I always remember being told then - by a wee old Haiiwan man - that coke can rot your teeth.

Have you ever done the trick of leaving a dirty penny in a glass of coke overnight? It is always lovely & shiny in the morning. :)

Also, be careful with your diet drink. Many of them contain an ingredient called 'Aspartame'. It is well evil :mad: and should be avoided at all costs. Look at this (one of very many) website for more info: Aspartame Dangers and Side Effects
    You'd be better off sticking to the fully-leaded coke and just try to cut down on that instead.

4. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

I stopped a few years ago, have the odd can if I need a sugar rush but otherwise I try and stick to tap water.

I used to drink Volvic strawberry flavour till last month when I found out it has 29 spoons of sugar in it :eek: No thanks!

#4 Starlite, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  5. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

I used to drink loadddds of coke but I've cut down now hardly drink it at all, even less now I've read that :yikes:

6. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Flippin eck thats scary reading, especially as I have one of the conditions it triggers (epilepsy), I think my one can a day is now no cans a day :(.

7. celicababe1986

tbh, I am cutting it out completly...leave it for a treat when I go on a rare trip to the pub.
    I actually cannot stand the taste of the diet stuff. I like water so not going to be a problem for me to drink that :)

8. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

What about Dr Pepper?

9. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

The problem is that this aspartame crops up in SO many of our day to day foodstuffs. Check out your fat-free yoghurts & your sugar-free diluting orange juice. In fact, it is a substitute in just about everything that is either fat or sugar free because it is supposed to compensate for the taste.

You are actually better to have a little bit of something that is full fat or sugar, than to consume this stuff in any context. :mad:

10. celicababe1986

That is another of my vices.... :eek:

at the end of this thread we are going to be a bunch of water/milk drinkers!!:eek:

11. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

You've got herbal teas..... Or you could just gather up your pet's wee-wee coz that probably tastes much the same..... :D :D

12. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Also, wine & beer don't have many additives..... ;) ;) ;)

13. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

see i know all the bad stuff and have even tried to cut down before but i must drink about 2 litres of diet coke / pepsi max and dr pepper zero a day :eek:

(i used to drink up to 6 litres a day but have cut down from that :D)

14. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I don't think i could drink 6 litres of anything lol.:eek: I'm glad i can't stand the taste of coke.Give me red wine any day.;):D

15. paşa's mummy

paşa's mummy PetForums Member

i was a cola addict for years! i weaned from full fat to diet to loose some weight, then i was talking to a man who lives near me, his wife died in her late 30's of cancer of the gut, the doctors blamed the coke she drank, she like me drank it all the time. ive had 3 since i was told this over 5 month ago. it should be banned< i think they tried to in america???

16. celicababe1986

My grandad died last September of stomach cancer. He spent the best part of his life drinking coke and nothing else. He had no teeth left, and the docs said the amount of coke (about 4 2 litre bottles a day!!) would probably have had an effect on his stomach. :(

17. celicababe1986

I am also a smoker, and the dentist went on more about giving up coke then smoking!!

:blink:

18. Starlight Express

Starlight Express PetForums Member

oh bugger I'm drinking a coke now! I love the stuff! Not fair all the tasty things are bad for you!!!!:(

19. Sheen and Eli

Sheen and Eli PetForums VIP

Whats the worst that could happen.
    Sorry couldn't help it.

20. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Well I know my mate was in and out of hossie for test fro a stomach complaint they then told her it was down to the coke she was drinking and if she carried on.. She would be on treatment to keep the probs at bay for the rest of her life.. :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice