Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Who are you........

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Oct 28, 2012.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

........and what have you done with Dave???

Think some of you will remember the trouble I was having with Dave's lead walking, he had perfect heel up until he was neutered and then being on an extendy so he couldn't run about seemed to have made all that hard work go out the window!

I have tried various things and methods and nothing has ever clicked with him at all, never managed to progress more than a few paces without him needing to be on the end of the lead.

However....

[youtube_browser]hN34OUh4Nak[/youtube_browser]

(at the end he goes infront cause he was moving away to do a pee, I can cope with that! Lol)

Only had to correct him maybe three times on the way to collect Lewy and then 3 times when we left just cause there was a puppy near us. But on the whole- VERY pleased!!!

2. 5headh

5headh PetForums VIP

Well done Dave :D

3. Paula07

Paula07 PetForums VIP

Go Dave! Share your secret PG. :p

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Well, after having him off lead (away from the road) and trying some heel work, I realised if I slowed down and told him 'back', he would come back to heel.

I also stopped taking him anywhere with the other dogs and ''letting'' him pull on the headcollar, so eliminating his chances of pulling all together.

Tonight was the first time I took him out on a regular/non training walk, 15 mins there, and back, and he was so good! :)

Sometimes he gets a bit ahead of himsef and I just slow and tell him to come back, the word heel seems to mean nothing to him, so I don't use it now.

5. Paula07

Paula07 PetForums VIP

Im going to give that a try. Iv tried everything however i probably am partly to blame. I do take them out together and usually a quick walk to where they can be let off. Saying that he pulls nowhere near as much as what he did. Still more than i would like though. Lil bugger that he is.:eek:

6. Modwyn

Modwyn Guest

Way to go both of you! :thumbup1:

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Looks like we might be able to do the bronze good citizen test afterall :thumbup: :)

8. Gertrude

Gertrude PetForums VIP

Well done - very impressive :thumbup:

9. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

Well done you and Dave :)

10. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

We can't take the Mals out together, even with me taking Flynn or Kali and Carly taking Marty - they seem to 'buddy up' and react to every dog even though Kali doesn't do it at all on her own. They get all huffy and jumpy and pull towards the strange dog. They're all much better on their own which is a bore because we have to walk them alone! :(

Well done to you for finding a solution with Dave and well done for him too - clever boy! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice