UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Duke does get 'gunky eyes' but the last few days I've noticed a much firmer white/cream colour substance in his eyes and nose. Its not like pus, its sort of similar to paper in the thickness.

I have seen this in his nose a few times, actually in the corner of his eye and this morning he had some just outside the eye.

Its always like one piece and once thats removed theres no residue left, I just cant work out if its something I should be concerned about?

Thanks

·
Registered
29,781 Posts
It could just be a discharge due to drainage problems. Does he have quite a short nose (e.g. like the nose of a BSH perhaps?). Best thing is to gently clean away the stuff with a clean cosmetic pad and some cooled boiled water.
(But don't use your finger or thumb as it could cause an infection.)

EDIT -- just looked at your pic of him, and yes, it does appear he has a short nose.:)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh thank you :)

I'm such a proud mummy! Love him to pieces <3

Today have ended up taking in a stray though, seeing the vets at 5:30 so will have to wait and see if Duke is no longer to be an only child!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.