Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

white lump on jakes leg

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by OwnedByJake, Apr 19, 2011.

1. OwnedByJake

OwnedByJake PetForums Junior

i was sitting with my little doggie jake- border terrier, he is turning 6 months on the 21st. I noticed a white lump thing on his leg/heel area:confused:. I'm scared to what it might be:cryin:. I havent touched it so i dont know what it feels like or if it hurts him, its not very big, but i noticed it. He doesn't seem sick. Could it be a bee/wasp sting:eek: ? my mum and dad are back soon:D, does anyone know what it might be! thank you everyone who answered ill tell you what hapened in the end :)

2. henry

henry PetForums VIP

Hi - is it a smooth little lump - wonder if it could be a tick. Does it look as though it could be a tick? Sort of whitish grey??? Claire

3. OwnedByJake

OwnedByJake PetForums Junior

not to smooth but is whitish grey thank you :D he is going to the vet next week anyway to get his worming tablet and im going to ask them then tics are horrid :( alot of my family have been "attacked" by them :/

4. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

I think it could be a tick too, but it obvioulsy needs to be checked out.

If it is a tick it will drop off, check him over for other ticks too, really they need to be removed. Do you know anyone with dog experience who can have a look?

Ticks can carry disease too :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice