Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

White dry crust you ear? Help please!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Emily Bettinson, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Emily Bettinson

Emily Bettinson PetForums Newbie

[​IMG] [​IMG] Hi, my 2 year old ginger Tom has a white, sort of flakey/scabby ear on the tip and inside. It is very dry to the touch. Just on one ear. He is up to date with all flea/work treatments etc. He seems fine in himself - eating, playing out, wanting his usual cuddles - the only thing he is unhappy with is when we touch the ear at all, he shies away. He hasn’t seemed to touch/scratch/attempt to clean the ear himself. I’ve attatched a few pictures. Any advice would be really appreciated. I’ve had many cats before all whilst growing up and never seen this before!

2. Emily Bettinson

Sorry, here are the pictures. Thank you for any help!

Attached Files:

3. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

seeing as how he has light coloured ears I'd be worried about a skin cancer also if it's obviously painful then you need to take him to the vet sooner rather than later.

chillminx likes this.
  4. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

No idea but as above, I'd bee off to the vets with him PDQ.

5. Emily Bettinson

I’ve booked him in at the vets for tomorrow. Will let everyone know what they say. Just wanted any advice I could get before.. really worries me when the fur babies aren’t well!

6. Emily Bettinson

Update. He has not been out of the house at all, I’ve been out this evening and come home to this sore. Any ideas?? I’m so worried. He is going to the vets tomorrow.

Attached Files:

7. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Could be all sorts of things including excessive scratching. You will be at the vets today, hopefully they will sort you out.

8. Emily Bettinson

Thanks for everyone’s posts. I case anyone has any similar queries in the future the vet took a scraping from the ear and did some tests. She couldn’t see any obvious signs of infection, mites etc and he is up to do date with all his vaccinations, flea treatments etc. I’ve been given an antibatictrial wash to clean it and a gel to apply to hopefully clear it up. She says if no improvement in week to take him back. So fingers crossed!

chillminx and OrientalSlave like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice