Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Whiskers simply.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by amy**, Jun 1, 2010.

1. amy**

amy** PetForums Junior

Hi all,

We are having a bit of an issue with food at the minute. We have an 11 and 6 month old. Out vet advised us to keep feeding the 11 month old kitten food until the 6 month old is 1. We have had an issue however. The 11 month old was eating whiskers kitten food (dry and the pouches with gray) when we got him and no matter what we tried him on he would not eat anything else.
    We got our 6 month old and again tried to introduce kitten food with a higher meat content however we either had an issue with diarrhoea and refusing to eat. Again we were advised to continue with what they know.

Lately the oldest has gone off the kitten food and the youngest doesn’t seem too bothered. We tried numerous foods and spend a fortune, we ended up trying whiskers simplay in the end as everything else had been ignored and to be honest this was on special offer.

I’m concerned with this as i am not convinced it is good for them both. Does anybody have any advice? Is this good for them and what is the nutritional value?

Thanks in advance
    Amy

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

What does it say is in it? What other food did you try that made them runny?

I personally think that kitten food is a commercial moneymaker. The only difference between kitten and adult food appears to be the size of the chunks; and they are easily mashed. A lot of the high-end wet cat foods don't offer a separate kitten food, which I guess says it all.

3. sarahdisco

sarahdisco PetForums VIP

This is something I've always wondered! For the price of the kitten food (and the fact its so expensive sometimes!) I do wonder whether at 6 months old, Spartacus would be okay with adult food!

We tried the higher meat content food with Spartacus, but she turns down everything that isnt Felix. I know its awful stuff, and we do try to give her proper meat every now and again but while she's eating it and she's happy - thats good for me. We were thinking of doing half/half with the Felix and the Feline Fayre to see if she'll go for it, and then up the FF until she's on that only but everytime we go over 50% - she turns it down.

4. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

well smokey was fed on whiskers adult food when he was a kitten befor we got him and we quickly changed him on to kitten but he wouldnt eat it and we had hell to get him to eat anything else but when we got holly my other cat and we had to put her on james welbeloved kitten smokey tryed it two and he eats that quite happley now and has hi-life meat once a day i dont think there anything rong with whiskers im sure your cat would be fine on it if not talk to your vet they may be able to help with a food name

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice