Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Whiskas or Go-cat??

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by staffy_missy, Apr 29, 2011.

1. staffy_missy

staffy_missy PetForums Member

which is the best food out of whiskas biscuits and Go-cat biscuits? Which has the best nutrition?

2. BSH

BSH PetForums Senior

I think you will find most on here would say both are poor quality cat foods and I would not feed either to my cats...there are many far better alternatives and if you read the A-Z Guides on here it will tell you what they all are,

3. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

Answered on your other thread too :)

4. dougal22

dougal22 Banned

Please see link for A-Z guide of dry food. Both of the above brands have cereal listed as the first ingredient - not good :(
    There are far better dry foods available. The comprehensive list gives a clear breakdown of nutritional values for all dry foods available in the UK.

http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-health-nutrition/116753-z-dry-food-cats.html

5. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

^^^Me too.

6. staffy_missy

Acana is this a good food? The ingredients look good

7. dougal22

dougal22 Banned

Acana is grain free, so yes it's 'good' insofar as dry food can be. If possible, could you get your to cat eating a combination of wet, dry (measured amount) and also some raw thrown in for good dental hygiene - raw = chicken wings and small chunks of beef?

A lot of members do not advocate feeding dry food solely as there is evidence to support that it can cause UTI's other bladder problems and weight gain.

Obviously, it's all down to personal choice and what your cat prefers, the above is just a suggestion :)

8. staffy_missy

what i usually do is give them a pouch of meat in a morning and at night and they have a bowl of biscuits all the time so they can help themselves :D now and again i give them abit of chopped up sausage or fishcake too as a treat

9. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

I would be very cautious about giving cats sausages ( or indeed any human foods! ) since these can contain onion which is very toxic to cats. It can cause Heinz Body anaemia even when given in small doses ie a lot of foods have onion powder as an ingredient.

10. staffy_missy

ooh i didnt know that! Thank you for letting me know. Il just stick to cat food from now on to be safe :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice