Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Whining Dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Diane, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Diane

Diane PetForums Newbie

My labrador is nearly 2. She has developed unusual behavioural traits which are starting to concern me. She has always been quite a nervous dog but every morning when I go into the kitchen to see her, she has to pick something up in her mouth and parade round in circles. If she can't find a bone, chew or ball, she will even pick up a piece of fluff or anything that she can find. If I go in to her, she weaves around me and goes through my legs again and again, wagging her tail, not in a typically happy way, but with it quite low down and submissive. Her ears lie back and she constantly makes a nervous whining sound.

It really seems to be getting worse although there are no obvious environmental changes that may be upsetting her.

Any advice gratefully received:confused:

Diane
    AnimalLoversWeb.com

2. BredaKim

BredaKim PetForums Member

Is she due her season?:confused:

3. Diane

Diane PetForums Newbie

4. BredaKim

BredaKim PetForums Member

Sounds really odd...I have labs and mine act weird sometimes...but if it's gone on for a long time perhaps you need to get her vet checked?

Is she bored maybe? I dunno...I'm no expert, I hope you manage to sort her out though! Bless!!:p

Maybe it's the terrible twos like kids have LOL! (fingers crossed for you both)

Hugs
    Breda

5. michele

michele PetForums Newbie

do you fuss her when she does this? It might be that you need to ignore her when she acts like it or even correct it by saying no - then when she stops reward her with fuss then ie you might be rewarding her strange behaviour currently - very best of luck

6. carol

carol PetForums VIP

what do you do when you go in?
    and she starts this

as she has prob learnt acting like it gets your afection so is doing more and more
    when she picks up the toy she showing off pleased to see you but then goes on.
    walk out take notice of it.
    then let her out of that area and say hello to her if she starts going to mad put her back and walk away until carm then do it again
    dont fuss her while she's in the area she goes potty in.
    then not to much fuss as prob wined her up again

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice