Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Whinging Ragdoll

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Stephny691, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Stephny691

Stephny691 PetForums Senior

Hiya.
    I've got a little Ragdoll girl. She's an absolute princess. I love her to pieces. But she's so much like a dog it's scary.
    When it comes to people going into the kitchen; she'll follow you, jump up on a stool and start meowing pathetically. Begging for food! She's the prettiest little tihng you've ever seen. But I've heard that Ragdolls can have a tendancy to overeat and get fat is that true? I wanted to see if anyones got any similar stories? Bizarre cat behavior lol.
    As soon I can figure how to transfer pics from my camera to computer without the use of a cable. I'll upload pictures of my 2 cats.
    X

2. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Havent got a cat so can't help u there but i can in the transfuring of pics from of ur phone to the comp.
    Get a bluetooth connecter, simple as that :D they have em in tesco for 7 quid, i got that one and its very good and simple.
    Ps good luck with your cat, she sounds like fun :D

3. Your kitty sounds very affectionate and communicative; I bet she loves you to pieces too!

4. Broxdown

Broxdown PetForums Junior

You don't say how old your little girl is or what you are currently feeding her. That would be helpful! I have a couple of Ragdoll boys who come into the cattery. They are both very different characters although very loving. Solomon just eats what he needs (both wet and dry feed) yet Frankie is mad for biscuit food only! Frankie is generally more vocal and makes big noise till you go and pick him up for a cuddle!

5. kaz

kaz PetForums Junior

I have just looked at some photos of Ragdolls in someones siggie and they look like a shaggy siamese. Are they a new breed or have they been given a more popular name?

6. Stephny691

Currently they are both eating Natures best Science plan. The best dried food I've found for them. Nothing artificial, full of natural goodness and veg. Exxxxpensive though lol. It's like £15 for 5k. Mind you, I don't know if thats expensive, it just seems it for how quickly they go through it. And I feed them sometimes Felix kitten food. But occassionally I give them Gourmet Solitaire as a treat. I know they're probably far too young for it, but their 'movements' are fine, they're active and seem very healthy. And they absolutely love it. They try to push each other out of the way to get to it lol.
    Icky is a monster. He's only four weeks older than Freija but hes the size of a full grown cat already and the weight of one. He was neutered on Tuesday and he didn't even notice it.
    X

7. Stephny691

Raggies were bred in the 1960s by a woman called Ann Baker? I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong. They were bred in the states originally.
    There were a lot of myths about the breed. Like they couldn't feel pain. Deffinately not the case! Tip; Don't tread on a cats tail- ever. They no likey.
    X

8. Stephny691

Good Lord I meant to put this all in one post and i forgot because I'm such a ditz! Shes 4 and half months old. Sorry lol.
    X

9. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

I have just looked at some photos of Ragdolls in someones siggie and they look like a shaggy siamese. Are they a new breed or have they been given a more popular name? Not sure about Ragdolls but Siamese have been around a lot longer than most of our boards members age combined, and they are equally as popular as each other as they have totally different characters and personality's next to the basics of just being a cat:)Some people find as we have with our cats at least that Science hill and Nature's plan biccies is not as substantial for our cats and doesn't seem to fill them up and makes their poos really smelly, maybe try James Well Beloved or other brand biccies and i'm sure she will be satisfied and in the meantime try a little wet food as a sort of top up meal and treat the biccies as a snack-like Chicken, fish mixed in with 1/4 of kitten pouch or lovely as it sounds it's brill but Sardines with sauce or brine washed off mixed with a low salt rice pudding,a few ideas that work for our lot and may work for your little girl too

10. Tweedle Dee

Tweedle Dee PetForums Member

My first Raggie Mojo does'nt let me out of his sight, he meows really loudly to find me if he realises i have left the room, he follows me everywhere, even to the loo , he too is scarily like a dog :D He has chilled out now he has two Raggie pals. But now i have Three Raggies following me around LOL!!!

They are renound for being really cuddly, affectionate cats and you are definately 'owned' by a Ragdoll!!

As for the eating thing mine get biscuits (hills chicken) 24/7 and meat morning and night, they are a large breed, but mine are not particually greedy.

Have you been on this forum? Welcome to the UKRCC

Ang x

11. Tweedle Dee

Tweedle Dee PetForums Member

Oh i forgot to say, Ragdolls are really addictive and you cant have just one LOL!!:D

Ang x

12. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

I feed all my raggies on Royal Canin biscuits, Raggies need 4 meals a day in the first year, I also give steamed fish and roast chicken as treats but most inportant are good biscuits.

A raggie does not grow slowley and gradually they have growing spirts, and as they will grow into a very large cat they need as much good quality biscuits and plenty of water, dont feed tip bits.

They talk a lot as you have found out, its not whinging, just chatting.

They need lots of attention from you or other pets, be it rabbit, dog they dont care, very playfull, mine play loads then sleep loads. They are very intelligent, gives their owners the devotion a Dog will give and love to be involved in every thing you do.
    They are totally dependent on their owners, unlike other cats.
    one of my boys weigh over a stone and he is one year old, he will continue to grow for another 1to 3 years, will not mature untill he is 4 years old,
    They should not be let out on their own, they are not street wise and far to friendly and trusting.:)

13. Stephny691

Ohh, I had a scare with Freija, the back door had been left open cause we've also got a dog and I looked into the conservatory from the kitchen and saw the door open I just freaked out. Ran into the conservatory planning all sorts of search and rescue teams and she was sitting by the door. She pawed at the air and then looked at me as if to say. Why would any cat want to go outside? It's wet and cold and horrible. Lol.
    Heheh I know its not whinging really, it's just such a pathetic noise, makes me want to give her anything in the world. I want another Raggie already,actually my mom wants to get a male Raggie. I can't wait for Freija to get bigger. Don't get me wrong there is nothing more precious than a kitten, but shes a mini hot water bottle now, can't wait for a big hot water bottle!
    So do you think they need to be put on a better dry food? Maybe Royal Canin?
    X

14. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

oh bless her, they get away with anything dont they?? soooo adorable, in answer to the biscuits yes thats a deffenet Royal canin is what I find the best, they really need that balenced diet and some of the Royal Canin biscuits have a defurrball ingredience which is great for a Raggie.:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice