Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

which would be the best dry food?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by kenny34, Mar 11, 2017.

1. kenny34

kenny34 PetForums Newbie

can someone here maybe give me there opinion on what the best food to give my dog?i have been given her
    Simpsons Premium Sensitive Adult Salmon & Potato
    or would these be better
    simpsons premium 80/20 fish
    and
    simpsons premium 80/20 mixed meat & fish
    just wondering if the Simpsons Premium 80/20 Fish might be better, as my dog suffers from skin allergy?

Thankyou in advance :)

2. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

Have you emailed Simpsons themselves as they may be able to help.

kenny34 likes this.
  3. kenny34

kenny34 PetForums Newbie

thankyou,
    will give them a email, just wondered if anyone on here fed there dog on the food and found it better,
    i saw the post by SixStar about whats in the foods for dogs and found the SIMPSONS PREMIUM (80/20, chicken, fish & turkey) marked as Green
    but just wondered it the 80/20 higher fish would be better
    by the way Great post SixStar, never relised so much crap was been put in pets foods.

4. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

It entirely depends on your dog.
    If they prefer fish, go for the fish. If they do fine with mixed meats, go for the mixed meats. If you know what sets the allergies off, avoid that ingredient :)
    There's likely very little difference between the quality; its pretty much like asking "chicken or beef"

kenny34 likes this.
  5. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

kenny34 likes this.
  6. Sammyez

Sammyez PetForums Member

Having tried a number of different dry foods for my dog, I have moved her onto the Canagan brand. This is a gluten free dry dog food, which comes out very well on the allaboutdogfood site review (4.6 out of 5) Might be worth looking at the Simpsons range on this site and comparing it with Canagan. Simply cut and paste the list ingredients into the review app on the allaboutfood website and it will give you a rating.

kenny34 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice