Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Which vacuum cleaner?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sammy123, May 1, 2011.

1. Sammy123

Sammy123 PetForums Senior

I would like to hear from you guys which vacuum cleaners you use and which is the best for cat/dog hair.
    We have got Dyson at the moments and the motor went bye bye. We've got a cat and the house needs hoovering every day. We are expecting a Samoyed to join our family soon so that means we will need a monster :D that won't be at the repair shop all the time. Do you think good old henry would do a job?

Your recommendations and experiences would be appreciated. ;)

2. HelloKittyHannah

HelloKittyHannah PetForums VIP

I have this one :D (see attached pic) It's my absolute pride and joy and I will be heartbroken when it dies :eek:

I have no complaints about it, no pet hair problems or anything :)

I wouldn't reccommend a Henry, my friends one was pants, and that was just normal day to day stuff.

Attached Files:

3. Sammy123

So Dyson, make sure you clean the internal filter though, ours haven't been cleaned for years and that is the reason behind burnt motor. Do you have dogs?

4. snoopydo

snoopydo PetForums VIP

Good post I can ue this too if you don't mind Sammy..I need one too I've a Moulting Wire-Haired Jack Russell and a German Shepherd in The House...

I've been Browsing my Argos Catalogue lots of Choice for pet hair but it's still hard to choose...:confused:

I'm Still on the is a Cylinder or a Upright better? Decision....

I Think I've decided on a Bagless as it's a nightmare when you suddenly run out of bags....

5. HelloKittyHannah

HelloKittyHannah PetForums VIP

I recently cleaned the whole lot out (the internal cyclone system was full to the top with dust, most vomit worthy job EVER!)
    But I've used this one daily for the last 6 years, it's a good little hoover :)

I haven't currently got dogs but I did used to foster and it coped just fine. Worse than dogs I have KIDS and it's survived their crud so it's gotta be good :D

6. Doolally

Doolally PetForums Senior

I've got a dyson mini ball (one bed flat) and hoover daily as my 2 Selkirks shed enough to rival a polar bear (do polar bears shed?) Wash the filters monthly and its still going strong after 2 years

7. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

We have a very hairy big dog.......Dyson wins hands down on the rugs (have wood floor downstairs, and dog doesn't go upstairs), and we use a Henry on the wood floor - great with the hose to get around sofa/bookcases etc.

Koda HATES the dyson, but is ok with the Henry.

8. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Ive always had a dyson pet, got one now two. They always used to have about 2 yrs guarantee, but I think they might even have 5yrs now. Ive always found them on good and mine are a pretty hairy lot.

9. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

We have a Dyson ball and it is brilliant. We hav e had it about 5 years now and I can't fault it. It picks up ALL the cat and bunny hairs in the house up plus the normal mess that the kids make :)

10. Sammy123

Wow, I didn't know there is Dyson pet on the market. Do you actually use it on your dogs? Are they not scared of it?

11. Sammy123

Thanks for your replies, it seems like Dyson is winning after all...I guess Henry is only good for wooden floor.
    The only thing with Dyson is that it is quite pricey.

12. snoopydo

snoopydo PetForums VIP

Just Googled the Dyson Ball looks Fantastic BUT they are around £250.00 :eek:Quite abit out of my price range.:(

13. Sammy123

It is useful post isn't it, lol. The next one should be which iron, lol.

I've only ever used Upright and Bagless though, so I am surely staying on that. ;)

14. Sammy123

I know, that is the only downturn. However, I believe they last long enough and there are spare part on the market as well when something goes wrong...

I Googled Dyson pet and it is very tempting :eek:

15. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

I had the same problem a couple of months back when my electrolux vacuum seemed to stop working properly. I was recommended a Dyson and I was debating this because of cost but I finally decided on a Dyson Animal bagless upright and I can honestly say it is BRILLIANT. I have 2 dogs and I have never known the carpet be so clean all the time with it.

It is the best vacuum I have ever had for cleaning the fur up and I don't think I will ever swap to something different now - I am a convert.

16. gorgeous

gorgeous PetForums VIP

I have a Miele Cat n Dog - have previously owned a dyson and henry - the Miele is miles in front.....highly recommended.

17. borderer

borderer Guest

was henry a good sucker:rolleyes::001_smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice