Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Which to feed?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Nataliee, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

Before our spare freezer broke I was feeding natural instinct, then when it broke I had to switch back to dry & have been feeding various dry food since then (totw, f4d, acana,orijen) & I was going to go put them back onto ziwipeak next but I got a sample of Eden today which is fairly new high quality food so was undecided whether to feed that next or ziwipeak however we've also got a new freezer today so do I go back to natural instinct instead?
    I can't make up my mind

2. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

I'd go natural instinct.

Which did the dog do best on?

#2 Lyceum, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  3. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

They all did well on natural instinct & ziwipeak so its hard to choose, haven't used Eden before so not sure about that. Only problem with natural instinct is they seem to be hungry all the time so not sure it's enough, I feed them 2-3% of their body weight though which is about 50g whereas their feeding guide suggests about 100g but I'm worried they'd put on weight

4. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

You could maybe up it to 75g?

Honestly. I don't think you'll go wrong with either of those.

5. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I would say NI because it's much more natural. No matter how good the kibble and how they rate the manufacture, it's still far more processed and everything is dried. The meat content you will be getting from the NI is far greater than in Eden and probably any kibble.

Even something like NM raw nuggets or blocks with 65%ish meat is a higher proportion of meat and far less processing.

If the RDA is 100g and you feed half and they're hungry I'd be inclined to increase it as per Lyceum's suggestion.

Were they hungry on ZPeak? Did you feed full RDA of that?

6. I would go with NI its far more natural then dry food :)

7. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

Natural instinct it is then. I will have to feed dry once a week but I'm sure it will be fine. I think I fed over the RDA because it didn't look like enough & thei weight was fine on that

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice