Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

which tall plant?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants & Planted Aquariums' started by W+T, Aug 18, 2014.

1. W+T

W+T PetForums Member

I have a30 inch high tank, well little less once substrate is in etc, i have been looking at the Banana Lily as i like the idea of a lily for the set up i want, can anyone suggest and other non bulky plants i can look at, its for a small fish community tank wate temps around usual 27deg and PH 6.5.

cheers

wayne

2. NaomiM

NaomiM Love my furry, feathered and finned family

Do you mean other lily-type plants, or plants to go alongside the lily? If the former, have you looked at tiger lotus? If you're looking for plants to go with it, my personal favourite tall plant is ludwigia repens. I've only got low-tech setups myself, though, and am far from an expert :) I expect Jonny at Aquarium Gardens would be able to give you some good advice, though - you can ask him here: Aquarium Gardens

3. W+T

W+T PetForums Member

I am after lilys as the main background plant for a corner feature, not decided but aswell as the lillys i could have some slightly shorter ones to go near the bottom of the lilys aswell. its not going to be planted tank a whole lot just the back corner really.

i will have a look at the tiger lotus, will all lilys grow to the height of the tank even if 12 inch high or 36 inch ?

4. NaomiM

NaomiM Love my furry, feathered and finned family

Never had lilies myself as I've not had big enough tanks, but I believe so from what I've read.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice