Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Which shampoo?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Engel98, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums Senior

Hi all

Bella my toy poo cross has many cysts. They're small, biggest is the size of a pea and cause her no issues. They are thought to be sebaceous cysts.

It appears she's predisposed to them and I doubt there's a 'cure'. She does have dry flaky skin as well but other than that she's all good.

I'm looking for some advice really on different products I can use to help her skin and maybe slow down the amount of cysts that pop up and the time between them appearing and popping.

As mentioned they don't bother her and I not concerned about them in their current state. My worry is if they get inflamed or inflected or when they get to 'popping point' as this obviously causes discomfort.

She's on butchers tripe as it's the only thing she'll eat. She also has fish oil added too. I try and brush her regularly to distribute oils and remove build up but she's fearful of the brush so that's slow progress. I only shower her once a month if I can help it and that's when she's groomed and I keep her coat short. Shampoo wise I have tried pet heads oatmeal and 'feeling flakey'. Is there anything else I can use to help her?

She currently has 12-15 cysts

2. MammaMia!

MammaMia! Pet Forums VIP

Are the shampoos you are using naturally based? There are a few brilliant 100 percent naturally derived shampoos you could try?

Engel98 likes this.
  3. Born to Boogie

Born to Boogie PetForums VIP

I really like the MD10 Puppy Shampoo. It doesn’t seem to irritate the skin, leaves the coat looking “juicy” and doesn’t leave any residue. I bathe every 6ish weeks.
    https://md10shop.eu/puppy-shampoo-22-c.asp
    The web site is a bit clunky but worth the effort.

Engel98 likes this.
  4. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums Senior

I'm not sure I think the oatmeal one is which is the one she uses most. Can you recommend a few good ones?

5. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums Senior

Does it moisturise? Bella has flaky skin so assume she needs a moisturising one. Doesn't help that we don't know why she has these issues :/

6. Born to Boogie

Born to Boogie PetForums VIP

#6 Born to Boogie, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    Engel98 likes this.
  7. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums Senior

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice