Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Which of your cats has been your spirit cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by moomoowawa, Jan 12, 2020.

1. moomoowawa

moomoowawa PetForums Member

Sorry for the "woo" title
    #justforfun
    Obviously we love all our animals, each in their own way.

But which of the cats you have/have had the pleasure of sharing a home with, do you feel has been your spirit cat? The one you feel you have/had a special bond with?

I'm going to go with Moustique. She talks to me, she senses when I need her to come and lie on me. She gazes deep into my eyes and seems to anticipate what I'll do. She comes when I call her from another room, and she rolls over when I look at her and say her name! 20191124_213949.jpg

I genuinely believe I have a spiritual connection with her. I'm not sure if its mutual....

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

My cat who recently died suddenly was my spirit cat. We were very bonded.xxx

3. moomoowawa

Yes, I read about your loss on another thread @chillminx and am so sorry to hear that. Would you have a picture? If it's too painful I understand but I would love to see x
    It's funny how you can bond more with one than any other. Just an aligning of personalities I suppose. I know for a fact Watson really doesn't care about me all that much! As long as the bowl is full. The day I lose Moustique will be gut wrenching.

Bertie'sMum and huckybuck like this.
  4. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

She's very pretty, that's for sure!

Bertie'sMum and moomoowawa like this.
  5. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hi hun, yes, I will go through my photos of him later and choose one. :) . Can't face it right now, have been feeling sad today, missing him a lot.

Bertie'sMum and huckybuck like this.
  6. moomoowawa

Thank you! Please introduce me to yours :)

Bertie'sMum likes this.
  7. moomoowawa

Oh Chillminx... If I were there I'd give you a big old hug. I bet you were and are the ultimate cat momma xxx

Bertie'sMum and chillminx like this.
  8. MissyfromMice

MissyfromMice PetForums VIP

Lotje

015.jpg lotje-karine 2003 (2).jpg scan 12.jpg

She came into my life as a 7 months old shelter kitten and passed away when she was almost 21.
    She was gentle and generous and incredibly loyal, but independent as well. She has never ever scratched or bitten me or any other human and she was very kind to children. She enjoyed sitting on my lap and sleeping on my pillow at night.
    I moved to different places with her, but she never lost her way.

I still miss her.

9. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Obviously I love all my animals past and present, I love every day with them, but as for that “ one “ It has to be my Libby, she came in the most strangest way, not planned yet the minute I saw her I felt it. She is the one who has healed my heart.

Libby
    7BCBF699-086B-43C8-9C16-1E0A05A17056.jpeg

10. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I have had many cats and its very hard to choose one but I think it would have to be my last cat, Mouse. I very nearly didn't have him as we adopted his brother and it was purely due to circumstances after Mouse was adopted elsewhere, that he became available again so we chose to re-unite them. He was blind in one eye, had no teeth and he could be a grumpy so and so when he wanted but we just had that special rapport. I really miss him a lot.

Mouse My best boy.jpg

11. moomoowawa

That is just the sweetest face...

12. moomoowawa

Yes, that feeling of "knowing" as soon as you glance at them is truly powerful

Bertie'sMum and ewelsh like this.
  13. Emmasian

Emmasian PetForums VIP

I love my three in different ways for their individual traits and have always refused to choose a favourite.

Having said that, Teddy will get into bed with me, wrap his paws round my neck, and press his face against my forehead - all the time purring deeply. If I shut my eyes I swear I can feel some sort of deep energy that goes back to a time when we weren't cat and human. Like a connection that is way beyond "Mummy's little Pussycat" and something else altogether. It's a strange feeling and I can't explain it beyond that.

14. BarneyBobCat

BarneyBobCat Slave to an AcroCat

Ive only had / got one cat. So of course its my best buddy Barney!
    20190120_170336.jpeg

15. moomoowawa

Love his eye and lip liner, very smouldering!

BarneyBobCat and Bertie'sMum like this.
  16. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

For me it has to be Sooty - He was the first cat I had after leaving home and moving into my first flat; I 'rescued' him from the sister of a work colleague where he was being bullied by her 3 other cats. (He was about 9 months old then) After a long journey home from one side of London to the other via the underground and taxis he jumped out of the basket to explore - I can still see the look on his face when he realised there were no other cats :) He settled in immediately, no problems at all and became a cuddly lap cat in no time. He comforted me when human relationships broke up and helped me through my Father's passing before he himself went to Rainbow Bridge in 2000 at the age of 19.

sooty.jpg

17. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

Huck is my heart and soul cat.

49002D26-6599-453C-9339-A153A508C75D.jpeg

Charity, Calvine, Citruspips and 7 others like this.
  18. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

I'm very sorry.

chillminx, moomoowawa and ewelsh like this.
  19. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

We had many cats over the years when I was a kid, but I was always allergic, but I managed. Then when I left home, my allergies got worse, and my OH is allergic too. We just accepted we couldn't have a cat in our lives, which always disappointed me.

And then, over 20 years later, a beautiful tabby demanded we take her in. I remember the day very well. It was a cold January day, 4 years ago. I'd seen her hanging around and she was always friendly. I was going out to a night shift and she came to say hello to me. My husband opened the door and she literally ran in the house. Anyway, I went to work. He messaged me a few hours later, "I think we've acquired a cat." He'd seen how thin she was and fussed her. She was scraggy, thin, malnourished, her fur was thin and had gritty lumps in it. He gave her a tin on pilchard and she snaffled the lot......he felt sorry for her and went and bought some cat food and gave her that. She then had some fuss, curled up on the sofa and went to sleep.
    But when he went to bed, he put her out and she sat a cried outside.
    It then happened the next night, and OH let her stay in!! It was lovely, as she went and found him at 4am to be let out.

A few days later, we were pondering whether to keep her. She would spend most of the day with us. I went to get a litter tray, and within 5 minutes, she used it. It was then we decided to keep her. This is how I came to this forum. I asked about her, and people said she had a flea allergy. They were correct. We took her to the vet, she had a health check, flea and worm treatment and a steroid injection. We found out she was 11 years old. Within a week, she was so much healthier, put on weight, her fur was beautiful. I found out who she belonged to, they'd obviously neglected her, and they had a dog who harrassed her.

We called her Betty. She was devoted to us, and she filled a hole in our hearts we never knew we had. We adored her. My neighbours, her previous owners, said she never went back there, not even once. She was loving, but feisty. She had food anxieties, although I understood why. She had a massive, wonderful personality.

Sadly, she only lasted 11 months with us. She developed cancer in her mouth, and deteriorated rapidly. The light in her eyes went, and we knew it was time and we said goodbye. We were utterly heart-broken, she was so special to us. We still talk about her, and she still is the face in my profile picture. No matter the heart-break, I am still glad she came into our lives. I dread to think how she would have been with her previous owners and I know we gave her the happiest 11 months of her life.

20. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

All the Cats I’ve had seem to have all grabbed my soul one girl picolina my first cat here was probably my soul mate. I lost her to lymphoma when she was 7yrs old and miss her to this day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice