Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Which new fish?

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by [email protected], Jul 24, 2009.

1. sallybrunskill@hotmail.co

[email protected] PetForums Junior

Hi all.

At the moment I have a Koi Angel, Plec, Silver shark, neon and cat fish in my tank. It is looking a bit empty and i would like to add just a few more and I'm struggling to come up with a good combination that will live peacefully together. Any suggestions?:)

2. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

How big is your tank? Silver sharks (Balantiocheilus melanopterus) can grow to a good 35cm in length and will need a 180 x 60 x 60cm tank once fully grown.

3. sallybrunskill@hotmail.co

121cm X 55 cm X 41cm oh dear, I think I might need to re-home the shark. Thanks for the heads up

#3 [email protected], Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  4. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Hmm, I would try to find a new home for the shark before buying anymore fish. Also what type of catfish you have? I would have recommended other small tetras, rasboras or barbs however depending on the size of the Angel predation may be a problem.

5. sallybrunskill@hotmail.co

Yeah, I have decided not to get any more fish for the moment. I have a friend with a massive tank and she said she might have the shark off me. I've had the Koi for quite a while and she just tends to keep herself to herself. She lays eggs quite a lot and just guards them. Once the shark has gone I will have a re-think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice