Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

which is more loving?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by danniandnala, Nov 11, 2012.

1. danniandnala

danniandnala PetForums VIP

Are boy cats more loving than girls or is it just mine..Eric is on me all the time as soon as I sit down he's on me..where as nala just honours us now and again xx

2. ljs85

ljs85 PetForums VIP

Think it mostly depends on the cat (and age?)

Tabitha (9) will happily sit on my lap/neck/head :D

Tiberius (nearly 7 months) loves a clap and will lie on top of me sometimes when I'm in bed.

Ezri (around 17 weeks) doesn't do claps unless she's in the mood ;). But recently she's stated sleeping on/near me.

3. Aurelie

Aurelie PetForums VIP

I think in neutered cats it entirely depends on personality. Claude ( male BSH) is not cuddly at all (though he was as a kitten) but he is still a lovely good natured cat, he loves a brush or to be stroked - just don't expect him to sit on your lap or seek you out.

My sisters male BSH on the other hand loves an an empty lap and will sit in your chair when you go to the loo so that when you get back you are forced to pick him up and put him on your lap if you want your seat back :D

Obviously certain breeds are more likely to be affectionate than others but I have never found it to be anything to do with gender.

Cookieandme likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice