Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Which is best?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by jaycee05, Sep 6, 2013.

1. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

If getting a new kitten which is best the same sex as the one already there or opposite
    Also getting 2 kittens together,same litter 2 boys or 2 girls or 1 of each please:)

2. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

I always think one of each is best.
    I also think it depends on the kittens too.
    I have had girls and Boy and Girls tend to be more independent where as Boys are soft and more affectionate.
    Two are great to have together. I am sure which ever you decide you will have lots of fun with them x

3. JordanRose

JordanRose Master of the Whingey Cat.

I think, as long as they're neutered, there's not all that much difference.

However, I'm looking into a kitten that is laid back, easygoing and largely unphased and have been told by breeders that I'd probably be looking at getting a boy. Apparently, they're more likely to fit that spec. I already have a male.

Ultimately, I'm going for temperament and which one I feel would be best for Spooks- I think that's more important :) Two kittens tend to be good, too, as they (in theory) give the existing cat a bit of a break during introductions- they're less likely to really hound them. Again, I'd look at temperament and which would fit in best with your existing puss.

Exciting times! :D

4. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Sex doesn't matter with neuters, matching energy levels and personality is more important.

I own a mix of neuters, and have had pairs go in all combinations. Doesn't make any difference. I don't find my males to be cuddlier than females, they are all smoochy, lap sitting, cuddly cats.

5. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

Thank you, not for me, but I was asked and I have heard before that 2 the same sex are best, but personally I think 1 of each:)

6. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

From a litter of 5 kittens at 7 weeks old i noticed the male and female was always playing together, even now at 12 weeks old they stay and sleep together, so for this reason i wanted them both to leave together. :)

7. sharonchilds

sharonchilds PetForums VIP

Having 3 of each sex, i think you are right jill, the boys are lazy mummies boys and the girls are fairly independent.
    Jt is a female moggie who adores Archie the raggie, Jt was here a good 2 yrs before Arch but they just bonded and love each other.
    As spotty cats said, i think its down to personality at the end of the day :D

8. Harveybash

Harveybash PetForums VIP

For a second I thought this was asking which is better out of :
    getting a new kitten
    or sex
    :eek: :blushing:

I think I'm getting sleepy :lol: :lol:

9. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

^^^:pyou can gave your cake and eat it;)^^^:D sory that comment was to harveybash ,shes got a one track mind track mind that girl well two track -kittens and...........:)

#9 moggiemum, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice