Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Which is best for robo's tank style cages or wire barred?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Hazelwykes1952, May 8, 2011.

1. Hazelwykes1952

Hazelwykes1952 PetForums Junior

Which is the best kind of home for roborovskis? A wire barred cage or a plastic tank style cage like either a Mini Duna or Duna Multy.

Are wire barred cages especially made for dwarfs on the equinecaninefeline website such as the Mickey 2 XL,or the Kios really suitable for a tiny animal like a roborovski?

What do you find best for roborovskis?Does a single robo really need a cage thats really big like the Duna Multy or Mickey 2 XL or the Kios which are about 80cm long?

Should i go for a duna style of wired barred cage-wouldnt they get too hot in a plastic Duna style cage?

2. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Not sure why you are looking for a smaller cage lol, the bigger the better IMO. In the wild they travel for miles in one night :eek:

3. Pomegranate

Pomegranate PetForums Member

The bar spacing on the Mickey 2 XL is narrower than normal, 9mm, but still too large for robos.

As for size; with enough hidey holes to make sure they feel secure, I'm sure robos, even just a single one, would appreciate as much space as possible. :D

4. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

tank style all the way for robos, they are such escape artists

5. Chinquary

Chinquary PetForums Senior

I had one male robo in a Savic Peggy Metro and three girls in the largest perfecto tank, and another male in a cage I don't know.

6. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

Tank or plastic (like zoozone cages)

If your housing more than one, don't get a cage with multiple levels, that will cause fights over territory

Bigger is better! They are by far the most active of all hamsters :) x

7. Lady Sol

Lady Sol PetForums VIP

Mine mainly live in large Habitrail palaces.

Some robos will stay in a normal barred cage. Himalaya and Scoobie never tried to escape from one. Others will be out in seconds. Acorn has barred sections on his cage, but they are from the Habitrail and Crittertrail mini sections and the bars are very close together. Put Acorn in a normal cage and he'd be through the bars in seconds.

8. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

My Robo is in an Imac fantasy cage and he's been in it for around 12 months now and never got out - he's too thick. :laugh: My Chinese hamster is in the Mickey 2 XL and she seems fine in that - been in it about a month now. I would keep an adult Robo in one too if I had another Mickey cage as they are great cages but I've no room for another one and 'Titch' is getting on a bit now as he's over two years old so not as active.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice