Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Which Dyson??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kdlang, Aug 19, 2009.

1. kdlang

kdlang PetForums Junior

Iv been thinking about buying a new Dyson. My last one broke and I bought a much cheaper Samsung and although the suction is great it is sadly lacking in the stability stakes. In fact the dog nearly broke my nose the other day because the hoover fell on him and he shot up that quick his head hit my nose (he was lying next to me as i hoovered his bed). Makes a change from it falling over and hitting me.
    Anyway, I'v been on Argos and I'm debating on a Dyson DC25 Animal at £290 then buying a mattress tool seperately for £12.99 or getting a Dyson DC14 Origin Plus with free mattress tool and soft dusting brush for £199.79 and getting a separate mini turbo head for £24.99.

Any thoughts anyone?

2. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

I wouldn't get another Dyson even if I was offered one.

With 2 VERY shedding cats we thought it was doing ok but turns out it was useless compared to our new(ish) one. Lst year we bought a Miele Cat & Dog. I would marry this hoover if I could. The amount of hair it picked up was incredible. Hair we didn't even know was there.

3. Colsy

Colsy Banned

I have had 3 Dysons over the years and i do not rate them anymore.
    I have a pet bissell one now,picks up hairs great.
    The only down side its a heavy.

4. munners

munners PetForums Junior

Totally agree i love my miele would never bye anything else.I also have a miele washing machine with a ten year guarantee after three years of constant use i have had just one problem and it was fixed within three days.

5. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Mum's a Dyson addict only hoover she likes. Ours is getting old and almost broke so told her I will buy her a new one just not sure what. The only animal we have that sheds is Miffy so don't really need an animal one. The joys of poodles being non shedding :p I like the idea of the Dyson Ball but mum thinks they look awful to use :rolleyes:

6. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

We have a poodle cross and unless you brush them outside you're still going to have hairs around the house. I'm far from anal about pet hairs, as my clothes will tell you(!!) but I like to know I can get as many hairs up as possible. before the Miele the carpet washer was getting clogged even after I thought I had hoovered!

A work friend had the Dyson ball and she said it's only a real advantage if you have big open spaces to hoover. She doesn't hate it though.

Honestly, can't recommend the Miele's enough. My love for my hoover is embarassing :blushing:

7. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

had loads of dysons over the years,ex thought they were the best thing since sliced bread lol, well i then had to buy one , when single on a budget and bought the cheapest one in the argos catalogue. Now it has a few bits that are missing but it has the best suction EVER. i only paid around thirty quid for it and i would never go back to a dyson!!!!!!!im debating getting another hoover as i have three floors and finding it difficult to move between floors, im getting another argos special!!

8. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

It will be the best thing you ever did. We have 2 hoovers as we live on 3 floors but have a 4 storey. The top floor is only used for guests so thankfully doesn't need to be hoovered all that often. But when we had the one hoover the thought of dragging the hoover up 3 flights of stairs was enough to make me wasnt to say feck it and just cover the place in rugs :D

My Mum bought a really cheap hoover from Currys a few years back while her Hoover (brand) was being fixed. She swears it's the best one she ever owned!

9. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

We've never saw any hairs lying around from Cheeko. He's white/cream and mum has an obession with brown and coffee colours (used to be magnolia) :rolleyes: so stuff would show up easily. Hardly any hair comes out when I brush him either. With Miffy the rabbit when he's casting we just brush him all the time and use a lint roller. About 10 rabbits worth of hair come out of him when he casts! Mum won't use any hoover but a Dyson.

I thought it would be more useful for her because she's got arthritus in her hands so I thought it would make it easier to hoover but she's so set against the idea of having one. Will need to talk her into going to Comet to try one!

10. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

i got through 2 dysons in 2 years, i dont think they are all that amazing!

I have had this pet vax for just over a year now, and i think its a lot better than the dyson....saying they dont loose suction is a load of old cobbles.

Although, my mum thinks that are amazing and has just ordered herself the rollerball one......anything is amazing compared to the hoover she has at the min, i tried to be nice and hoover for her, i gave it up as a bad job! lol

11. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

I have my mums Dyson here as she cannot use my Panasonic Pets Hoover.

It looks better than mine but I don't like it one bit, it's awful, to drag around to get the "little bits" (cat litter etc) I don't like having to pull the handle out and attempt to twist it to where I want it to hoover.

She has the erm.. root8cyclone ? It's good for an upright but I just cannot get used to it. It seems to hoover too close to the ground if that makes sense.

#11 Milly22, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  12. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

I have a Dyson Animal...........Brilliant!!!!

13. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

I have a Dyson DC04 in a snazzy purple and lime colour :D

I think I had it in 2000, used every day since and other than the hose splitting and having to buy a new one for £20, it's really good.

I was thinking about getting the Dyson ball one just because the one I have has lasted so well, but think I'll look at the Miele now.

Do you think James Dyson has let standards slip a bit?

14. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

I have an dyson animal and i love it....2 longhaired cats and 2 dogs and no hair in the house after hoovering :D It broke once and the service was great, send out a new bit on the same day :thumbsup:

15. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I have a Dyson Animal too.....wouldn't be without it! I've had Dysons for years now....brilliant in my opinion :)

16. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Animal roller ball dyson brilliant!! Mine needs a clean out from all the ahir but it is really good!!

17. kdlang

kdlang PetForums Junior

I had a look at the meile and its a cylinder isnt it? Must admit it looks good and is a good price but I would prefer an upright. Plus I like bagless. The amount of hoovering I have been doing lately i would be spending a fortune on bags

18. I have the bissell turbo power super douper animal wotsit thingy!

Absoloutly love it!

Actually ive just checked its called the Bissell Pet hair eraser Vacuum

Check the bissel direct shop periodically, i bought mine as the monthly special offer for £50 instead of £150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth checking out and i wouldnt be without it now!

Ive had dysons, but this imho is much better - although i am thinking of getting a cylinder version too to make it easier to do the stairs!

19. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I've got the dyson ball, and love it. Had a dyson years ago and hated it, they have made some great improvements on them. :D

20. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

My friend's husband has got cleaning OCD really bad ~ hoovers twice a day :eek: So not me :001_tt2: Anyway, he's got the Dyson ball animal one & swears it's the best hoover he's ever had. They've got 6 cats & he says it picks the hair up brilliantly. :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice