Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Which Class should he be in?

Discussion in 'Cats Shows and Events' started by cava14 una, Aug 30, 2013.

1. cava14 una

cava14 una Anne two black and white boys and a Nortie Tortie

I'm planning to show but I'm a bit confused as to which Household pet class he should be in?

[​IMG]

Never thought about too much info Thanks Carly. Question answered so just leaving photo

TIA :)

#1 cava14 una, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  2. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

You need to be very careful. You've now told us his name, showed us a photo and stated which show he'd be at, and are hoping to narrow that right down to the class he's in. This is grounds for disqualification via GCCF as you are breaking show rules by advertising your attendance at future shows.

I can't help with classes as I can't see the pic, but I suggest that you remove his name, the show name, the class numbers and the judge names, just leaving the pic of your cat and the class titles. That way, you can still get your answer without breaking any rules.

3. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

It's a black and white cat Carly.

Our companion cats are just entered by colour, no numbers or classes needed, but I would guess he's in the first one you listed - self since you mentioned it also says white.

He's not tabby, ginger, patterned, so would have to be self & white.

4. cava14 una

cava14 una Anne two black and white boys and a Nortie Tortie

Thanks for help I'm a pillock never thought about too much info Thanks again Carly

5. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

AFAIK the classes are standard at all GCCF shows. He looks like a kitten, if so his Open class is the one for shorthair (SH) kittens. If he will be an adult (look in the schedule, it will give you the dates) the AOC - he's not self as he is black & white, he's not tabby, he's not ginger / tortie.

You can enter up to 3 side classes. I try to choose so I have different judges. The definitions for all of them are given in the front of the schedule if you aren't sure.

6. carolmanycats

carolmanycats PetForums VIP

I'm sorry, he DOES go in the Self class once he is over 9 months old as ALL HP classes are with or without white, so self/black & white = Black & White = Self class :) It is confusing and I have suggested altering that class to Self and Bi-Colour to try to make it clearer as this is a regular error that both exhibitors and at times show teams make if they are not fully au fait with the section but so far nothing has happened. He will also need to be neutered by 6 months old to continue to be shown as an HP.

As regards saying who you are taking where, again, sorry Carly, that is an old rule and the current one just states that you must not make your cat known to the judge on the day until they have finished judging. Although having said that most of us still tend to feel awkward about saying who we are taking where beforehand so usually do not do it.

:)

Carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice