Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Which breed of cats is toughest?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by EddieAllyLouLou, Mar 5, 2008.

1. EddieAllyLouLou

EddieAllyLouLou PetForums Newbie

Hi, A bit off the wall this question but to be honest Im sick of my friends cat being constantly beaten up by the local moggie.
    My friend doesnt have the internet so i thought i would pose this question for him, his cat and the other local cats are being constantly beaten up by this bad-ass'd local moggie. He has since relocated his beloved cat somewhere else within his family, away from the brute.
    Time has gone by and i know he is desperate for a cat again, but since he had his last cat he was down the vets more times than u had hot dinners so to speak. My friend has the money and a loving home for almost anykind of cat, however, is there a type of cat that is known to be able to handle itself?
    Maybe this would calm down the undefeatable brute, (This brute even beat up a jack Russell (The owner was watching the brute enter her garden hinking you'll soon leg it when the dog comes out), however, out come the dog and to their amazement the cat whipped its butt, (125.00 vet bill) ! Personally I thught it was funny that someone was going to let a dog have a go and then it gets filled in, if it wasnt serious and costly it would be flamming commical, still, back to the question.. Is there a breed of cat that would be more than a match for the local brute? Thnkyou

2. AJ

AJ Guest

Lol, very entertaining but I don't have an answer for you sorry!

3. I think - its up to ....PURRSONALITY!!!! You can get a pure breed "kamikadze", or very shy moggy. LOL. Even in the same litter of kittens they are very different.

4. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

I'd say a Lion or a tiger. Or even a Liger! :D

5. Saynamore

Saynamore Banned

I'd say if you are getting a pedigree cat then it will be more than likely have been bred to live indoors and never to be let out on the street - problem solved, lol. Mr Bully cat will have to stick to dogs.

6. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Maybe your friend should check at the local anger management course's for local felines and the ones who are not regular attendants or no shows well...they may just be happy to jump aboard!:cool:

7. kittysoo

kittysoo PetForums Member

You don't say if the cat has an owner? If he has'nt then he is fighting to stay alive. I'd tell your friend to adopt him and then he would have the toughest cat.

Mind you all animals age and this one will too. When you are at the top there is always another waiting to topple you and the only way is down!!!

Also if the cat is a stray call RSPCA or cat rescue. He's probably dying to have regular food and a warm place to sleep.

8. garryd

garryd Guest

Its a good job that cat dont come in my back garden
    Cause my mates here are waiting for war:D

[​IMG]

9. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

From long experience I would have to put a lot of money on a Burmese. I recall a Bumese cross that used to beat up dogs. Once when there were kittens in the house I had the front door open because it was so hot, the cat saw someone passing with a GSD and that was it, she charged out of the door and attacked it. The owners were not impressed. She did the same with a standard poodle. I've also had two Burmese who seemed to make every other cat's life a misery (it became a major problem) - and the four month old little asian horror I have at the moment appears to be going the same way, one growl from her and my tiffy boy (who is about four times her size) beat a hasty retreat.

That said, as a breeder I wouldn't fancy letting any of my kittens go to a house where they were likely to get beaten up.

10. carol

carol PetForums VIP

which cat is the toughest id say a tiger lol

11. Katherna

Katherna PetForums Senior

Heehee, I'd have to say my old cat, at 19 almost 20 he's still going strong. He's attacked a rottie, a yorkie and my own dog. He doesn't realise he's a cat I'm sure, he doesn't run away from the dogs and that sort of confuses them, then strikes and off they run. He rules the street I live in, no cats may walk on the fence, come into the garden or sit on the drive unless they live in 'his' house. I have 4 cats in total, 3 'boys' and 1 'girl' (they've all been neutered so they're not really toms and queens). He allows the girl to sit close to him, the others have to ask permission I suppose to walk past him. My ginger cat who's blind in one eye sort of shuffles past him and if the old cat sees him he runs back to where he was, sometimes it's comical to watch them. He's definately top cat, although the cat I rescued a few years ago (who is still almost feral apart from he's decided that radiators are a nice invention and comes in every night to sleep near one) is trying for top cat so for the last few months we've had hissing and smacking between them. My old cat is a common moggie, he's down as a british shorthair at the vets, although he was a huge cat he's getting smaller with age.

12. garryd

garryd Guest

for the record i love cats;)

13. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Good God Garryd-your a brave man:D:D;) But glad you do love cats, god only knows what threads might have been started otherwise, i mean dare i say it but you might have started a, a, well a you might have started a debate:eek::D:D

14. mollypoppy4

mollypoppy4 PetForums Junior

LOL:laugh:

15. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

A lion armed with a HUG SUPER SOAKER water pistol ?

16. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

why not keep it indoors? :thumbsup:

17. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

I'd have to say the TABBY lol Thomas is ruling the roost here and he's only been here a week !! :D

18. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

What about one that is both a tabby & a naughty tortie? :eek6:

Mine scares my OH :yikes:

19. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

:lol: Little Minx :devil:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice