UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

Which Boots?

• Greta Muck Boots

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Aigle Aiglentine

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Le Chameau City All Track

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Le Chameau Clan

Votes: 1 3.2%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the look of these 4 and the prices are (almost) with in budget :)

Anyone have any experiences of any of them?

Which one do you think would have the best grip be the most comfortable for walking?

Please vote and or suggest another wellie for a similar price :D

Greta Muck Boot
Muck Boot Greta Fuchsia Wellies - Muck Boots - Shop by Brand - Wellies & Wellington Boots

Aigle Aiglentine Wellies
Aigle Aiglentine Aubergine Wellies - Aigle Womens Wellies - Aigle Wellies - Shop by Brand - Wellies & Wellington Boots

This pair is a little more expensive - Le Chameau All track
Le Chameau City All Track Wellies Black - Le Chameau - Shop by Brand - Wellies & Wellington Boots

The cheapest pair - Le Chameau Clan
Le Chameau - a natural heritage

I have my walking boots but sometimes I need something that comes up a bit higher when wading through muddy puddles :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Oooh, the Muck Boots. I love the colour and design and they look to be very robust. Plus they seem to be the only one to address the problem of wellies "splitting, leaking and breaking".

I've only ever had a couple of pair of cheaper boots before and both of them split within a very very short time so I got a pair of walking boots instead which cost less than the two pairs of wellies.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Have a look on equestrianclearance.com

They often have some great offers on there;)
I sooo want a pair of Harry Hall country walking boots like these

Harry Hall Georgetown Country Boots - Ladies

a friend of mine has had a pair for years of pounding the hills dog walking, really good quality/

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Muck boots seem to be the clear winners so far - thx for all your votes and advice - keep them coming :thumbup:

Have a look on equestrianclearance.com

They often have some great offers on there;)
I sooo want a pair of Harry Hall country walking boots like these

Harry Hall Georgetown Country Boots - Ladies

a friend of mine has had a pair for years of pounding the hills dog walking, really good quality/
Those Harry Hill's look fabulous :) - just a little over budget and not sure they'd accomodate my fat calfs :eek:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Not voted as I have not experience of any of the boots but by looks alone I like the Muck Boots - have you thought about Snow boots at all. I do not like Wellies as I have chubby legs and they hurt the top of my legs so I got a pair of snow boots - I bought Tresspass ones in the Spring/Summer when they were being sold cheap. Handy for going through water and usually manage to keep my feet dry (apart when occassioanlly going through the river) only problem is they are fleece or furr lined and can get quite warm.

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
HA you actually have Muckboots as an option, sorted :p

Anything with a wellie like heel should have grip. Muckboots will keep you super toasty warm. I have the Tynes which are the riding ones but they are my fav in the range anyway. Come up to the knee and I still manage to get mud that high up :eek:

G

·
I like the look of the muck boots but I have no experience of any of them, I wear Hunter wellies or hiking boots, but have definately filed the muck boots away for future investigation!

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the muck boots, the sole looks really 'grippy'. Not sure about getting them on though sadly. You sure they are good for bigger calfs!?
The top of the muck boots is neoprene like a wet suit so very stretchy :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
They aren't bad I don't think. I know folks who roll them down anyway and just wear them like shoes *cough* Babycham2002 to name but one ;)
ha ha yes she is right :) I turn down my muckboots for comfort :)
They are good calf size anyway
I love my muckboots, they are in super condition and keep my feet toasty warm, they feel heavy when I first start wearing them in the season but i soon get used to them
Love that colour too :D

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Muck boots seem to be the clear winners so far - thx for all your votes and advice - keep them coming :thumbup:

Those Harry Hill's look fabulous :) - just a little over budget and not sure they'd accomodate my fat calfs :eek:
They sometimes have the neoprane top ones too. I wish I had got a pair in the summer as they were reduced to £50 then!
I have 2 pairs of Joules welliebobs & wellies which were £40 & £50.... both for the novelty factor that they have dogs all over them, but they are crap, they have both split in the same place over the top:confused:

Is it me? or is it this winters fashion to actually wear wellies as day wear.. I've noticed a lot more in the shops & even some of the boots look like wellies & lots of people wearing them:001_huh:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Le Cham!

OH has had his Muckboots for 4-5 years and they now leak.

I have had my Le Cham wellies for about 12 years and they are as good as new and they've had some wear!

However Muckboots are probably more comfortable but only just/

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.