UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something not too expensive but works effectively. I already ordered a Dyson vacuum cleaner with HEPA filter. Still need a air purifier. I've googled up some air purifiers and they're over £200. Any that's below £100 but reliable? I prefer something that's not too big as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again Ninja - thought you were going to get a goldfish - it would save you all the stress over pee and poop now wouldn't it?
You're calling me ninja? Why thank you. I have learnt a bit of martial arts when I was young, but no one's ever called me a ninja or samurai before. And wtf are you talking about, gold fishes? Are you trying to say I'm a pedo? My culture calls old men who target young women Gold Fish.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
I use one of these air globes:

fresh air globe | eBay

and put tap-a-drop in it, but what's it for? If it's to cover any smell from your rabbit, it wont magically get rid of everything and make your house smell like a pefume factory. And rabbits if cleaned out properly don't really smell, the litterbox can, but if you empty it every day or so you shouldn't have a problem. All small animals have a certain smell about them, go into anywhere that keeps them and it's instantly recognizable as a 'rodent place'. All animals have some sort of smell so you won't get rid of every trace though whatever you use. In fact the only animal I have had (and I've had a lot), that was pretty much totally odor free is a chinchilla. Oh and a hoover won't really get rid of smells unless you suck the bedding up so it isn't there in the first place!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use one of these air globes:

fresh air globe | eBay

and put tap-a-drop in it, but what's it for? If it's to cover any smell from your rabbit, it wont magically get rid of everything and make your house smell like a pefume factory. And rabbits if cleaned out properly don't really smell, the litterbox can, but if you empty it every day or so you shouldn't have a problem. All small animals have a certain smell about them, go into anywhere that keeps them and it's instantly recognizable as a 'rodent place'. All animals have some sort of smell so you won't get rid of every trace though whatever you use. In fact the only animal I have had (and I've had a lot), that was pretty much totally odor free is a chinchilla. Oh and a hoover won't really get rid of smells unless you suck the bedding up so it isn't there in the first place!
Do you have trouble reading? This thread is about purchasing a air purifier for pet hair and dander. Air purifiers are not meant to remove odours, and my rabbit does NOT smell. I have never complained about any smells. It's the rabbit hair and dander floating in the air, affecting my resperatory system that's the issue here. I need a air purifier that's able to suck up the hair and dander. Please research what a pet air purifier does before commenting on my thread.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do you have trouble reading? This thread is about purchasing a air purifier for pet hair and dander. Air purifiers are not meant to remove odours, and my rabbit does NOT smell. I have never complained about any smells. It's the rabbit hair and dander floating in the air, affecting my resperatory system that's the issue here. I need a air purifier that's able to suck up the hair and dander. Please research what a pet air purifier does before commenting on my thread.
Wow way to be unnecessarily rude to someone who was trying to help :rolleyes5: they aren't illiterate just because they misread or misunderstood your thread

I think you should stop posting here now and go to your other forum with "grown up" rabbit owners

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Good lord no wonder other members think your just trolling:rolleyes:. Your asked for an 'air purifer'. That is what I gave you a link to.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Purifier-Ioniser-Humidifier-Colour-Changing/dp/B004K9E724

Fresh Air Globe Purifier Ioniser & Humidifier Colour Changing LED Ligh

It is an air purifer. It cleans the air, sucks in dust and things floating in the atmosphere. It also makes the room smell nice so yes they do remove smells. I didn't know there was other 'air purifiers' other than that, and I certainly don't have trouble reading thank you. I might have misunderstood what you were asking for but there is no need to be rude about it.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Wobbles...I would like you to meet the troll, Troll...I am introducing you to your rather verbose apprentice Wobbles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good lord no wonder other members think your just trolling:rolleyes:. Your asked for an 'air purifer'. That is what I gave you a link to.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Purifier-Ioniser-Humidifier-Colour-Changing/dp/B004K9E724

It is an air purifer. It cleans the air, sucks in dust and things floating in the atmosphere. It also makes the room smell nice so yes they do remove smells. I didn't know there was other 'air purifiers' other than that, and I certainly don't have trouble reading thank you. I might have misunderstood what you were asking for but there is no need to be rude about it.
My apologies. You pointed me to a suitable product but because you high-lighting it removing smells I thought it's just some fragrant.

I also found these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trendy-Ioni...3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1349735283&sr=1-3-catcorr

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Heaven-Fresh-HF-100-Purifier/dp/B0027MCFKW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The one you referred to seems to be known as noisy. I plan to switch it on during the night and don't want a loud air purifier keeping me from sleeping. The second link is a baby product so maybe it's not strong enough? I am making the effort to keep my rabbit, its cage, and my house clean but without a decent air purifier there's bound to be pet hair and danders floating in the air.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Wobbles...I would like you to meet the troll, Troll...I am introducing you to your rather verbose apprentice Wobbles.
You have just taught me a new word, I had no idea what verbose was and had to look it up!!

My apologies. You pointed me to a suitable product but because you high-lighting it removing smells I thought it's just some fragrant.

I also found these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trendy-Ioni...3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1349735283&sr=1-3-catcorr

Heaven Fresh HF 100 Air Purifier [Baby Product]: Amazon.co.uk: Baby

The one you referred to seems to be known as noisy. I plan to switch it on during the night and don't want a loud air purifier keeping me from sleeping. The second link is a baby product so maybe it's not strong enough? I am making the effort to keep my rabbit, its cage, and my house clean but without a decent air purifier there's bound to be pet hair and danders floating in the air.
okay crossed wires. They do work well at removing dust/particles from the air, but I wouldn't be able to have one on during the night, as they do make a bit of a noise, like a fan or dehumidifyer does. If the hair is making you itch or sneeze, a quieter option might be some Piriton from the chemist!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
okay crossed wires. They do work well at removing dust/particles from the air, but I wouldn't be able to have one on during the night, as they do make a bit of a noise, like a fan or dehumidifyer does. If the hair is making you itch or sneeze, a quieter option might be some Piriton from the chemist!
I'm asthmatic and the micro hair, pollens, and danders in the air is making me cough like I'm dying from cancer. Already checked with GP and no I'm not really dying. Decided to buy Heaven Fresh HF 200 Ionic Air Purifier [Baby Product]: Amazon.co.uk: Baby because it claims to make no noise at all. Low power consumption and seems to make a slight difference. I'm living in a area with lots of smokers so this should also make breathing easier for both me and my rabbit.

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
I am thinking that an indoor rabbit may not be the pet for you. Asthma is a nasty thing to control, and triggers are best avoided to avoid serious episodes - you don't want to end up in hospital.

G

·
Also having a rabbit in a smokey area (with or without a purifier) isn't a great idea. Unfortunately I have seen what happens when small animals are kept in a smokey environment.

If you can't get the people around you to stop smoking inside then it might be best for your rabbit to move outside.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
If the rabbit hair is affecting you in the house, then maybe putting it outside would be a better option as its not a confined space for any hair.

But can rabbits (and any animal for that matter) really get damage from smoking like people can? Would they have a shorter lifespan like their owners? I don't smoke, I'm just curious.

G

·
If the rabbit hair is affecting you in the house, then maybe putting it outside would be a better option as its not a confined space for any hair.

But can rabbits (and any animal for that matter) really get damage from smoking like people can? Would they have a shorter lifespan like their owners? I don't smoke, I'm just curious.
Yes very much so, same as a child in a smokers house.

·
Banned
19,241 Posts
You should be grateful than anyone has taken the time and effort to look up a product for you and post it on here. It would be appreciated if you could find some manners before posting and not be so rude to people who are trying to assist.

So it would seem the OP is the one who has trouble reading then.

My apologies. You pointed me to a suitable product but because you high-lighting it removing smells I thought it's just some fragrant.I also found these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Heaven-Fresh-HF-100-Purifier/dp/B0027MCFKW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Perhaps you should try reading the whole post before commenting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.