Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Where your dogs sleeping during day and night

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Ariana1985, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Ariana1985

Ariana1985 PetForums Member

Just a quick question .was wondering where your dogs sleeping during a day and at night
    Our have their beds but that they go if they want but most of the time its "my sofa" -no i dont mind it -i prefer them sleep on it than having visitors over who hate dogs ;-)
    At night again their have their beds in our bedroom -they use it most of the time but sometimes sleep with us
    Why im asking is to check if im insane ;-)

2. CaliDog

CaliDog Greedy Mummy Bear!

Cali sleeps on the sofa in the day and in her crate or our bed at night :p

3. JustmeGemmy

JustmeGemmy PetForums Member

Sox will sleep in the bedroom, his basket is by my side of the bed :) If we've had to move him for any reason, he's thought he was in trouble! Lol. Bless him.

During the day he has full run of the house whether we're here or not. Sometimes he'll sleep on his big bed/cushion in the lounge & sometimes he'll potter upstairs and sleep in the bedroom.

Sometimes he'll hop up on the couch with us, but it's very rarely.

4. JustmeGemmy

JustmeGemmy PetForums Member

Aw, just had to say, Cali is looking so big now! Such a beauty <3

5. Ariana1985

Thank God im not the only one x

6. cazbah

cazbah PetForums Member

During the day older boy on our bed, younger boy either behind the sofa downstairs or in his soft crate, they both have a full run of the house.

At night older boy on our bed between our feet, younger boy in his bed or under the covers by my legs.

During the evening older boy behind sofa younger boy in his soft crate or in the curtains.

7. cravensmum

cravensmum PetForums VIP

During the day they sleep on the sofas.;)

At night they have access to the whole house.:D

Flint usually goes on the bed in the spare room or downstairs on the sofa.

Craven starts off on my bed but usually ends up downstairs on the sofa.

Neither of mine bother with dog beds.

8. tinysarah

tinysarah PetForums Member

Conan changes where he sleeps depending on the day-
    Week days during the day-spare bed so he can stand on it and see me come home for lunch.
    Week day evenings- starts off with a cuddle on our bed, then when he gets too warm, goes to the spare room on the big bed.
    Weekend days- curls up on the sofa, but if dad is out, he will lay by the front door.
    Weekend nights-wherever he falls asleep, sometimes at the top of the stairs, head dangling over the step, in the lounge wedged against the radiator, or in the middle of the kitchen floor.

9. Julesky

Julesky PetForums VIP

Bruno has his own routine now during the day- that mainly involves heat seeking and comfort.

If it is sunny he will follow the sunbeams around the house- mainly our bed and sofa at different times.
    If we're out he'll sleep on sofa (always gets caught)
    If we're in he'll sleep in his bed
    If he asks nice he gets up for snuggles on sofa with us

At night he doesn't sleep on his bed, (used to in old flat every single night) we discovered he was choosing a seat on the sofa instead due to draughts- so after his last pee i put his blanket on that spot until we sort out the draughts

In the morning just at our alarm time he'll come upstairs and more often than not gets ten minutes under cover snooze time with us :D

But if he's ever asked to go to his bed he will :)

10. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

McKenzie sleeps in her own bed or on the floor during the day - she doesn't ever want to be on the sofa unless that's where I am.

She sleeps in/on my bed at night.

11. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

They have beds in the kitchen for during the day. At night they sleep upstairs with me, Gelert on my bed and Gracie has her own big memory foam cushion.

12. Ariana1985

That is why i love winter im never cold having my 2 ;-)

13. Modwyn

Modwyn Guest

My lot sleep wherever they please ;)

14. Retri

Retri PetForums Senior

Ours will sleep in thier crates when we are out, they will be allowed on the sofa provided they lay down, which is rare lol, at night they will either be on the bed or on the floor in the bedroom, tho its getting to the point now where were gonna need a bigger bed with the size of our two :rolleyes:

15. Thorne

Thorne PetForums VIP

Mine have got a bed each in the sitting room and a bed each in the hallway; they sleep in the hall at night. They also have mattress beds in their heated and insulated kennel where they go if they're left for more than a couple of hours (but if it's really wet they stay in the house). There's an old child-sized trampoline on the patio for lounging on too!

No dogs on the sofas or beds here :eek: Scooter used to be allowed on the sofa but wouldn't share it and they seem to prefer their ground level beds.

16. missP

missP PetForums Senior

Cody wont sleep in a bed, he likes to lie out on the verandah, rain or shine, has done since he came home at 8 weeks. he also likes to jump on the sofa for a cuddle then jumps down and lies on my feet.

he's not comfortable sleeping in the bedroom at night he prefers the kitchen where it's nice and cool.

17. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

During the day wherever he likes (downstairs - he isn't allowed upstairs); at night he sleeps on his bed in his 'house' under the stairs.

18. In the day my puppy will sleep wherever it wants

at night in its bed :)

19. Freddie and frank

Freddie and frank PetForums VIP

In the day Freddie is anywhere downstairs,or if the heating is on he will without a doubt be on the heated kitchen floor.not even moving when oh comes in.:eek:
    Frank is close to where I am during the day.....if I'm upstairs working, he's outside my door or at the top of the stairs.
    They're only allowed in my workroom upstairs.
    At night, they are normally on their bed.no access to sofas when we're in bed or out. :eek:

20. dandogman

dandogman PetForums VIP

Pippa sleeps in the crate during the night and when we are out, she also will take herself in their during the day.
    She also has a mat in the 'family section' of the living room, she spends her evenings here mostly, but will sometimes use it during the day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice