Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Where to donate food?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Spaniel mad, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I have loads of food that i have brought for my pups and then had to stop as didnt agree with their bellies. i have both wet and dry.

Where is the best place to donate this food to rather then throwing it away??

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Try and find out where your nearest rescue centre is.

Some P@H stores do a collection where you can leave unwanted food etc, although im not overly convinced it gets given to the rescues.

3. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Our PAH has got a collection bin but i have whole packets of tinned food (6 in a pack) and for all we know they could take them out and sell them.

I will deffo see where our nearest centre is, Thanx

4. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

We had a lot of bags of puppy food over when we got our first Bichon - I bought loads because it was on offer at pets at home and then decided to change his food to something else so we gave all the bags we had left to the local RSPCA shelter and they were very glad of it.

5. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

P@H near us have them donation bins in there store for the wildlife hospital i work at and for the dogs trust!!
    They always bring it to us with no problem!

Donate it to any animal shelter im sure they would be glad to see it! Personally i would donate to the dogs trust or the blue cross!!

6. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Arnie has been a little sod with food also, all food that wasnt eaten or didnt suit once we discovered his gluten allergy I took to one of the local rescues, didnt want to leave it at a shop.

7. Terrier Fan

Terrier Fan PetForums VIP

I can't believe that you seriously think that they would sell donated items :(

In that case I would take them directly to your local rescue.

8. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

We had alot of dog food once. Cheeko decided he loved some brand of food so we bought piles of it and opened it all and put it in a big tub but it made his eyes run after a few weeks. We phoned up the PDSA and some rescue centres but none were interested in it because it had been open. One of our neighbours doesn't have much money so we gave it to her instead and she was really grateful for it and now her dogs love it. Atleast it didn't go to waste.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice