Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Where to buy dog crate and puppy pen?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by DebsPink, Jul 8, 2009.

1. DebsPink

DebsPink PetForums Member

Hi, I've tried searching this forum but no luck so wondered if anyone can recommend where to get a good dog crate and a puppy pen?

Many thanks,

Debs x

2. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Hi Debs

Pets At Home?

At least thats where we got Mika's puppy pen from.

3. kenla210

kenla210 PetForums Senior

I got my puppy pen new from ebay, as it was loads cheaper. Can't remember where I got the crate from (petplanet.co.uk maybe?) but if you run a google search you will get loads come up.
    I would recommend getting a metal tray, as if your puppy ends up being a chewer they can chew the plastic ones to pieces...
    I never actually used the pen, just the crate so it was a waste of money for me. You might want to think about whether you really need it as well as a crate before splashing out ;)

4. karen09

karen09 PetForums Member

i bought mine off ebay very swift cheaper than pets@home will dig out the invoice

5. ~Tete

~Tete PetForums Member

I bought mine on ebay :001_tt2:

6. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

ebay or www.splendidpets. sometimes you can pick up a cheap crate in the local.

7. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

Hi,we make puppy pens,they arent the cheapest but they will last a lifetime as are quality;):)the pah jobbies always look so flimsy!

8. DebsPink

Thanks everyone, will take a look at all your suggestions today.

Hi shortbackandsides - do you have a website?

Thanks,

Debs x

9. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I bought Pippas from a car boot :eek: The seller had not used it as she said her pup didn't get on with it :confused: and I only paid £8 - bargain! You could tell it was new but I still thoroughly disinfected it before Pippa came home :)

10. nhamblin84

nhamblin84 PetForums Member

I got max and daisys crate from Pets at Home online - it was £79 with a free bed inside it which they love! really big cage too :D

11. becks01

becks01 PetForums Member

12. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

any links?

13. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

I got mine from this seller on ebay:
    excell_pet_products
    I paid £36 for a 42" crate with a metal tray and free courier delivery. The cheepest I could find it elswhere was at petplanet where the cheepest 42" crate (plastic tray) was on sale at £51.49 (free delivery).

14. blueribbonuk

blueribbonuk PetForums Member

i got mine from ebay. my first crate was a big one of 42 and cost me $2 and that was including delivery costs. and also next day delivery. we have a transit well would need one with 7 dogs lol and all have crates. i got 5 crates 4 of which were 42 and one of 33 and total cost with delivery was £135 all very good quality to

15. katiefranke

katiefranke PetForums VIP

we got our crate second hand from a friend and i bought a baby play pen for a puppy pen...this seems to be much better than any puppy pen i have used before, as it doesnt have the horizontal bars so she cant pull herself out of it. plus it is really sturdy and can be used as a room divider, puppy pen, stair gate etc...you can also join 2 together to make it really big, which is what we have done with ours...also i find that with some of the puppy pens, if they jump at the corners the pen moves and can trap their paws in the joins

the ones we have are quite pricey new, but if you look around on ebay you can pick them up much cheaper, which is what we did - we have the babydan play pen

16. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

17. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

I got them from pets at home I can't remember how much they were but pretty expensive but now we're using the custom airline crates the company made for them.

18. Opheliac

Opheliac PetForums Member

I got my crate from ebay, much cheaper than else where and great quality too. If you just check the sellers feedback you should be able to tell if they are selling decent crates or not, I nearly got one from one seller and then saw their feedback, loads of negative! So I went for one that was slightly more expensive, but they had great feedback :)

19. DebsPink

Thanks for all the advice. I've found one I quite like the look of: http://http://www.ukdogcrate.co.uk/black_cages_beds_UK.html
    Anyone have any experience of this company?

So do you get exactly the size it says for your dog (ie Jack Russell is the smallest size) or would you get the next size up which is what I'm tempted to do? I won't be using it for travelling.

Still looking at the puppy pens.

Debs x

20. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I bought my puppy pen from Argos.
    Cost me about £80 but it was really worth it.
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice