Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Where I live

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kaz, Jan 16, 2008.

1. kaz

kaz PetForums Junior

Hello people I thought that I'd be nosy and start a thread to see what sort of lifestyles people live.
    I am probably older than most on here:eek: and have practically found my dream.....to be completed when I can retire to enjoy it more:)
    I live on a smallholding with a beach within a 5 minute walk.
    We keep horses, cows, chickens, dogs, a cat, an aviary and have a fish tank.
    Over the years we have also had ducks, turkeys, geese, goats and pigs:)
    We have a practical attitude towards smallholding and rear our animals so that we can eat them:eek:

What about the rest of you?:confused:

2. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

that sounds like a lovely place to live,,:D:D, im happy enough were i am for now,, i live not to far from town,, 20 mins walk, and i have lovely views from my bedroom window as we back onto fields and a farm so lots of nice walks for the dogs,,,,here are views from my back garden,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Attached Files:

3. Angel

Angel PetForums Senior

I am very happy were i live. Its a lovely quiet street (until my kids start fighting) Lol.
    We back onto a park with a big field. I have a gate at the end of my back garden to go straight into there.
    We are 10 / 15 min walk from the sea and lots of shops............. :D
    We have a dog and 3 guinea pigs...... And i am not sure but one might be pregnant....

4. colliemerles

i want to move back to the sea side,,,i miss it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:(:(:(

5. claire

claire Guest

i live in mansfield right near the town centre, its not too bad a little rough but we hope to move before the kids go to school. Our house is 100 years old and was in need of lots of work so we have been busy since we have been here and we are getting there so hopefully when we sell it should mean we can look for somewhere nicer

6. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

Hi, I live in the sticks although we are about 20min drive from 4 major towns and close to motorways.
    Ive lived in the country all my life so im quite used to open spaces and the sound of tractors!
    I have a small stable yard thats about 2min drive up the road. I keep two of my own horses there and one of my friends.
    Im a typical country bumpkin. I go to horse shows, county shows, and of course dog shows.
    Im at home everyday to look after the dogs, house and kid!

7. claire

claire Guest

i would love to live in the country or even just somewhere quieter

8. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Hi we live on a lovely quiet street in the posher part of Bolton,Lancashire:) We have good neighbors( a plus as we have at the mo 4 girls who like to howl for Raul quite often:rolleyes::cool:) and a 7 yr old lad who is er quite vocal and curious and not what you'd call shy and reserved:)My best bud and mum-in-law(Yes it's true-we're good:))lives just up the road from us which is fab for lots of different reasons but mostly so i am not alone when going insane:DWe have a small front garden and a fair sized back garden with our catruns and our visiting place for our beloved and missed rainbow bridge mates:)We have a park at the bottom so it's great in the summer as we take Konnor and let him run and play out most of his energy which is far better than me trying to kill him in as many non-humane ways as possible(tires me out far too quickly:rolleyes::D)so yep thats us:)Ideally i would love to live in the country with a fairsized house ie:mansion or kingdom-not fussed with a humongous garden and a deluxe load of catterys for our cats and foster/rescue cats and of course nursery's and recovery rooms and a cheeky partridge in a pear tree.Oh and a great big yacht resting on a warm,calm Caribbean beach just waiting for our lot to fill the decks with our resting bodies-with specially adapted rooms for our cats of course,so any leads on the winning lotto numbers greatly accepted and duly appreciated-thanks-anytime now would be good for me

9. jeanie

jeanie PetForums VIP

We live in a small village in the south , have a bungalow with lots of garden back and front, i would not move now love it here great walks for the dogs and only 17 mile from the nearest beaches and Exmooor where we go often as the dogs love it, we moved here years ago from Bolton Lancs though i still miss the north i get to go home sometimes as i have a sis who still lives there

10. Magik

Magik Guest

I live on the outskirts of Sheffield in the best location I could ever wish for. I look out of my front and rear windows to fields with horses in. It would take alot for me to move from here. I pretty much re-built my house from within. It took me a whole year doing it up before I moved in.

11. bordercolliepup

bordercolliepup PetForums Senior

I live in the country side in a small village , fields behind me , surrounded by lovely walks , nomore than 15mins away from many beaches , it's lovely quite:)

12. BredaKim

BredaKim PetForums Member

Live on the outskirts of Worcester city, so best of both worlds. across the road from a golf course...which recently went into liquidation...so we all use it for the dogs now:rolleyes: we have an oldey worldy town centre which is lovely to shop in, a beautiful Cathedral and sodding FLOODS:mad: lol

13. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

We live in a small town about 20 miles outside of Gloucester,we love it here,plenty of countryside,schools are good etc...

Originally from West Midlands (the blackcountry)it's nice to be somewhere quieter. :)

14. Magik

Magik Guest

what's your postcode and mothers maiden name if you dont mind me asking?

15. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Like I'm really going to post that on an open forum, nice try though! :D

16. Magik

Magik Guest

haha.... nearly got you...!!!

17. colliemerles

i thought you was going to ask her to PM it to you,,,,,:D:D

18. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

me too hee hee

19. PatioDogDoors

PatioDogDoors PetForums Member

me to i want to live in a sea side. it so nice to walk with your dogs in that place very relaxing.

20. colliemerles

when i lived by the sea, i used to take my dogs along the beach at 5 or 6 in the morning,, it was really nice,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i miss it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice