Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Where i can get a cheap hutch and run

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by LostGirl, May 25, 2010.

1. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

or how to make one cheaply?

School have got a rabbit, its a little french lop i think but its in a small hutch at the moment. they have asked if anyone has one spare so does anyone know of anywhere cheap i can get one and a run?

I might be able to get them to add some money if not it'll be my own, im cross they have got this rabbit without getting a proper hutch or run to be honest and have told them its cruel to keep him such a tiny hutch (its one of those small ones with the basic bed and "frontroom" bit iykwim

2. VampiricLust

VampiricLust PetForums Senior

A French lop will need a shed, or at least a 8ft x 3ft hutch.

No shop bought hutch will be big enough.

3. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Check out e bay.

Maybe Try and rope in a "handy" Dad to renovate or build one (you can get plans free on the net with a quick google.) :D

4. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Thanks I think hes a mini french lop? hes weeny!

Oh is a handy man once he puts down the ps3 pad lol so might see if he'll pop one together and the school bob the builder as they call him is pretty good.

i'll go off and google now thank you!

5. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

It could be worth checking e bay for a 2nd hand kiddies wooden play house that could be converted. If you can someone with a van to helo collect it they can work out pretty good value :)

I am sure the lovely rabbit peeps on here will give you tips on what needs to be done to make it bunny proof :)

6. VampiricLust

VampiricLust PetForums Senior

Are you sure you don't mean mini lop?

French lops are the largest lop breed and are classed as giants.

7. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Where abouts are you?

8. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Could be :eek: sorry i have no idea of buns at all! Im guess it is hes a weeny tiny rabbit extremely cute :)

9. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

rabbits really dont make ideal "kids" pets

its also extremely cruel to keep them on their own

please have a look at this thread http://www.petforums.co.uk/rabbits/53839-important-information-new-rabbit-owners.html and give it to the school

rabbits are expensive, vaccinations can cost up to £60 a year and worming another £30. let a lone providing a constant good quality diet.

please try your hardest to make them take the poor thing back, think of all the kids who will pester their parents for 1 of their own, and also stick it in a box and forget about it a few months later :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice