Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Where has this hamster been all my life???

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Baby British, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Baby British

Baby British PetForums VIP

It's official I am in love....with Dobby the Robo!

I hadn't even seen a roborovski before coming on this forum. I can't remember which member it was but someone posted pics of their little Robo (Jasper I think) and I thought it was proper sweet. Fast forward a couple of months and I encounter Dobby in the adoption section of P@H, and the rest as they say....

I'm dead chuffed as today Dobby actually let me stroke her in her cage. She actually just sat there letting me do it without racing off at 100 mph :thumbup: I still pick her up in a box as I'm terrified of dropping her as the cats would surely get a hold of Dobby before I did :( but that said it feels like such a milestone with her allowing me to touch her when she's only been here a few days :)

Hopefully tomorrow Dobby's new cage will arrive. I've ordered a savic rody seen as I'll eventually need Dobby's current residence for the baby gerbils. The cage was a bit of a bargain at £24.99 with all the bits in it (plus I may have ordered a few extra bits and pieces :eek: ) I could get into this hamster malarky!

2. LisaLQ

LisaLQ PetForums Senior

I know what you mean - I've never been a hamster fan, and am now fostering *cough* permanently *cough* two gorgeous ancient syrians, both 32 months old so not long left with us, and one of them has become my new favourite fella :D

I always thought hamsters were nasty horrible bitey things, but this one is ok, maybe he's too knackered to bite :D

3. jasmineismyhamster

jasmineismyhamster PetForums Junior

Glad it is going well for you, Robo's are so sweet :thumbup:

4. myzoo

myzoo PetForums Senior

:) congrats thats good to hear in time it wont go at 100mph when i first got my robos they used to dash off but now they will quite happily come for a cuddle the only time mine do 100mph is if somthing like the cat decides to pay us a visit she wouldnt hurt them but she gets a bit nosie somtimes and also i have a winter white dwarf who is slower than my syrians she just dawdles about she so slow she is very lazy and loves her cuddle time so anyway good luck with yours well done so far :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice