Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

where do your dogs choose to sleep?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PinkEars, Feb 1, 2012.

1. PinkEars

PinkEars PetForums VIP

They have that whole cushioned covered blanket next to the radiator and they decide to curl up together in one of Lolas old tiny beds! They are so cute I could eat them...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What strange places do your dogs decide to squeeze into?

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Kilo doesn't do squeezing in really unless it's between me and the sofa arm or me and hubby :rolleyes:.

In the day he usually chooses the sofa:

[​IMG]

At night he sleeps in his 'house' under the stairs:

[​IMG]

3. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

They do look very cosy together though :D

Florence likes to squeeze into the tiny gap between the arm of the sofa and me. She hasn't quite worked out that she doesn't fit so it normally results in my legs getting crushed :rolleyes:

Freya has tonight been trying to sleep in the gap between Florence's head and thigh which results in my grumpy Florence squishing her, most likely on purpose :lol:

4. PinkEars

PinkEars PetForums VIP

I love Kilos house...I said to my OH when we move I want to make a little house under the stairs like that too! Although we will probably need the storage. Where do you keep your hoover? lol

5. troublestrouble

troublestrouble PetForums Senior

at night...
    Trouble tends to sleep at my feet, unless it's the summer then she gets too hot and they have secondary beds on the floor

Stark has got herself a comfy spot curled round my head on the pillows (this won;t last long as she's starting to get too big and will have to find a new spot.

now i know i'm only 5'3" and we have a king size bed but i do get more than a little squished in my doggy sandwich and the man still moans that he's got n space WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!!!!!!

(sorry no pics of this menage et tois (spellings not my strong point) there is a pic of when Trouble came up and cuddled me in my sleep and i didnt even know but i've very nearly got a boob out in that so you probs don;t want to see hehhe)

6. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

most the time it's on the sofa like this

[​IMG]

sometimes Mavis likes to squeeze in the smallest bed she can find

[​IMG]

7. PinkEars

PinkEars PetForums VIP

Lola always does that she likes to sit inbetween myself and OH or next to you with her head on my leg! Walt is surpringly independant for a whippet and will take him self off to the bed by the radiator as he really is two big on our two seater sofa. Once he has tried to jump on us and squeeze in somewhere usually right on top of Lola and been cuddled for a while he gets to hot and wonders off on his own.

8. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

In the storage cupboard / cloakroom on the other side of the stairs. Also have a storage cupboard in the porch. Storage space is one thing this house has ;).

9. PinkEars

PinkEars PetForums VIP

wow chester and Mavis are really beautiful and shiny! :)

10. Bea

Bea PetForums Member

I currently have 2 poodles on my lap and one on the back of the sofa!

During day, 2 sleep on back of sofa and pup in her pen if I am out, when I am in they sleep in whatever room I am in lol!

11. sianrees1979

sianrees1979 PetForums VIP

lex will sleep anywhere, dai & dinky will sleep on the sofa if i sit down for a while otherwise they are either on the doggy sofa or one of the chairs but at night dai is in my bed dinky is either in her crate (she's in season) or when not in season in my bed and lex sleeps on my bedroom floor

12. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

:lol: She does look a bit daft in that bed, but don't tell her :D

13. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

In the day usually sofa or my lap or whoever is on sofa but for bedtime loves his crate with blanket over him( hes not spoiled );)

Attached Files:

14. SophieCyde

SophieCyde PetForums VIP

He sleeps all over , never in the same place all night though....

on the rug
    [​IMG]

on the floor
    [​IMG]

on the sofa
    [​IMG]

In my bed (that is a sleeping bag not my duvet cover!)
    [​IMG]

In his bed
    [​IMG]

15. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

In the dining room - leather chair, they lay on the arms, seat and back of it (they like to look out the window)

In the living room - we have a corner sofa and a chair - they can sleep where ever, atm Sadie is at the side of me and Louie is on the floor.

In the kitchen, the floor or their beds.

In my bedroom, Louie sleeps on the bed or floor, Sadie sleeps on the chair or my bed but normally gets on the latter in the morning, Benjie sleeps on the floor only but if I get off the bed and OH is still in bed he jumps up, but I don't like him on the furniture because he gets possessive, so all I have to do is walk in the room and he will get off the sofa because I have taught him that and if he is on my bed, he is allowed to stay but if he growls at anytime - either at the other dogs or me (which is often - even if I'm sat down whilst I look in my drawers).

Outside, Benjie will lie on the step or on the patio, Louie and Sadie prefer grass

16. Rache

Rache PetForums Senior

Here's 4 of mine. They usually sleep anywhere I am. I was in the kitchen when I took this.

[​IMG]

17. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Aww, how cute. 4 little Chihuahuas in a handy stealable container!!LOL:D
    My lot also sleep where ever I am, so in dog beds when Im on the pooter, under the duvet on the sofa when Im watching telly and under the duvet when Im in bed. (they become almost subterranean when the weather turns colder!!).
    When Im working nights though they are confined to the kitchen and Adam has one bed and Hannah and Heidi squish together in another.:)

18. TabithaJ

TabithaJ PetForums Senior

Am loving the photos :)

At night, Dexter almost always chooses to curl up on my bed. This, despite his having a gorgeous dog bed in my room which in my brother's words 'looks fit for a king'! (it's two X large baskets pushed together, filled with mattresses, duvet, sheets and nice cushions).

During the day, he likes to sleep on a sofa in an upstairs room; there are big bay windows above the sofa so he likes watching the street before and after his sleep :)

He also sleeps downstairs on various sofas and chairs.

19. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Nikita sometimes like to sleep on the sofa like this...
    [​IMG]

or this...
    [​IMG]

but she has also claimed my daughter's little sponge armchairs...
    [​IMG]

she's getting a bit big for them now though...
    [​IMG]

so we've had to put of them together like this...
    [​IMG]

She does have a bed I promise but never bothers with it...she did go in it once and slept about 10 minutes but since then she just goes in it to scratch and chew up the washing instructions label on the inside :rolleyes:

20. PinkEars

PinkEars PetForums VIP

Rache too cute! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice