UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doggy jumpers or doggy pyjamas... i am not one to dress my dogs up but during the night zelda is barking and barking to get out of her crate and when we do the poor thing is shivering, we have a little jumper but its very thin so looking for something fleecy instead.

we try covering her with a blanket but she doesnt stay under it and the jumper has worked the past few nights but shes still getting cold.,

I have one of the snugglesafe heat pads but she tries to kill it!!!

Ta!!

G

·
Have you tried covering the crate with a duvet? That would keep the drafts out. Maybe a baby duvet inside to snuggle in would help.

I get jammies for Louie and Bertie from a friend in america and Canada if you are any good at sewing or know someone who is the Simplicity 3939 pattern is really good and straightforward.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I made my own for my lot from a pattern, bar one jumper that I bought but adjusted to fit him.
Lots of places that make coats for greyhounds and whippets make jumpers as well :)

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Oscar has an equafleece jumper. He has zero bodyfat and really feels the cold but it keeps him comfortable. I also like the idea of wrapping a duvet round the crate. Even in a reasonably warm room a cold draft can make things really uncomfortable!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I have the pattern too, I also have the fleece.... the only thing I don't have is the time:mad:
They are on my ever growing "to-do list" I have however just reduced my day job hours to spend more time on making things:D so the to do list might get some attention;)

You could have a go at making them yourself, they are pretty easy - even if you don't have a machine, you could sew them with a simple tight running stitch;) fleece is very "forgiving" & easy to work with:)

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all the suggestions.. but for those who mentioned diy i did actually laugh out loud... sewing is sooo not my thing.

She does have a very heavy blanket that covers the crate to keep it warm but she doesnt like being totally out of sight she freaks out.. she has been a bit better with the jumper than without, so want something fuller like the zooplus one, maybe i should do an ebay search.

Doesnt help that if hubby lets her out in the night he has let her sleep in the bed so now she barks to get out of the crate and into the bed, i wont have it before 5am when he goes to work.. a few hours is ok but not all night as she has to be tethered to one of us lol.

and i know rod and back lol.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

·
Registered
13,868 Posts
Chester has an equafleece , but at night he is lovely and warm as he burrows into his blankets...quite often getting stuck by morning then starts to panic as he can't find his way out :rolleyes:

We also have something similar to this for chester that he likes to fall asleep in

Luxury Terrier Tunnel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.