Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

When you just know that something's not right...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by egyptianreggae, Mar 24, 2014.

1. egyptianreggae

egyptianreggae PetForums VIP

I arrived home today to a "sorry you were out" card from Royal Mail and to a Tinycat that had been well and truly knocked off his stride. I can only imagine that the postman banged loudly on the front door of Tiny's domain with a considerable want of delicacy, diplomacy and tact, as when I got home he was once again uncharacteristically silent and sad. Very, very sad, with enormous, plaintive, dark eyes and no wind in his sails at all. He ate a small amount of food and allowed me to cuddle him and kiss his ears with no complaint, while I questioned him. Did the horrible postman frighten him? Had Simba upset him? Did his stomach hurt? Whatever had happened, Tiny wasn't saying, although I did manage to get a tiny peep out of him as I stroked his back.

He's back to normal now and is noisily and enthusiastically unleashing his pent-up rage on my feet, which are securely wrapped in the duvet, but it does make me think what a sensitive chap he is, not to mention how vocal he usually is. The other day, I called his name from the other side of the room, and he replied, without getting up and coming over, just a quick chirrup of "here I am!" And if you even walk past him, more often than not he'll sit up, blink amiably and remark, "Miah!" Such funny, complicated creatures...

2. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

Lovely... :)

3. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

aww hope he king of the castle tomorrow again xx

4. MollyMilo

MollyMilo PetForums VIP

Aww tiny!! Bless him. Such a sensitive soul. Glad he's all better now xx

5. catgeoffrey

catgeoffrey PetForums VIP

Such a sensitive soul! Reminds me of Ruxpin tbh but he's only just finding his voice and his chirrup is nearly silent! You can tell when he's been spooked though... He doesn't like strangers at his door! :rolleyes:
    Glad Tiny is settled again though and it just shows how you just know when they are not quite right ;)

6. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Heartwarming ER:) Love hearing of daily events in the lives of your dear boys.:001_wub:

7. cuddlycats

cuddlycats PetForums VIP

awww naughty postman frightening him , glad he is feeling better now even though your toes arnt :)

8. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Seek revenge on Post man!

Poor Tiny!

Glad he is back to his super self x

9. ForeverHome

ForeverHome PetForums VIP

So charmingly descriptive, lovely! Hope Tiny is back to normal and karma gets the evil postman.

10. egyptianreggae

egyptianreggae PetForums VIP

Thank you :) When a large, heavy cat like him pounces unexpectedly on your feet, you really do get a unique insight into how an unfortunate mouse might feel, trapped beneath his huge, remorseless paws.

11. Gwen9244

Gwen9244 PetForums VIP

Aah bless poor Tiny! Glad he is back to his usual self. Ours absolutely hate the front door being opened - Tara especially will hide behind the bed for ages. Its got to the stage where our regular visitors know to come round the back!

12. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

One of my 10 mth old kittens growls quite loudly whenever she hears any footsteps on the gravel approaching my front door! :eek: The little poppet
    actually runs towards the door as though intending to "see off the intruder"! :lol:

I have never come across this behaviour before in a cat:confused: Has anyone else? :) It is extremely cute to see :001_wub:)

13. ForeverHome

ForeverHome PetForums VIP

Bobby growls if he hears people outside the window with raised voices, but if he hears a cat fight he just wants to see what's going on.

14. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

susie does , haha all the age of her ,she is so confidant :)

ankhie loves to sleep on a bed by window up high and he curtain twitches all night and day lol ,so my neighbors think im a nosey cat crazy lady :eek:hmy::wink:

15. Cazzer

Cazzer PetForums VIP

Bless him glad he's ok now. Funny how some are so much disturbed by things. Karlo is my sensitive soul. He can be put off his dinner, by a tap running bless him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice