Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

When you go on holiday do you clean tidy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JANICE199, Mar 31, 2011.

1. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

The place you have stayed at before you leave? Wherever we have stayed we have always left the place as we found it whether its been a hotel room,cottage or the cabins we use to go to.I'm suprised some people don't bother.
    So what do you do?:D

2. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

yep aint been on holdiday for a while but I alwasy leave the place tidy when we leave:)

3. Blondie

Blondie PetForums VIP

We dont go on holiday as such, but we do stay overnight in travelodges etc for dog shows sometimes, I always make the beds and tidy up the bathroom and open the windows to get rid of any doggy smells, lol! Thats about it really! :)

4. blackdiamond

blackdiamond PetForums Senior

Yes we always leave the places the way we have found them.

My mum cleans 2 holiday homes & you want to see the state of them when some people have left.
    It makes me wonder whether there own houses are as filthy.

XxX

5. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

'And that's sometimes when the dogs aren't with us'....:D:D:D

6. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I for the life of me would be so embarrassed doing that.Could it be that people think its part and parcel of their holiday?:nono:

7. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

oh yes always leave the place just as we found it, would never dream of leaving it a mess. :(:(

If its a hotel room i will throw all the towels in the bath etc but apart from that, make the bed etc :D

8. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Whats a holiday :blink:

9. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

Yep always leave it as I find it. I'd be soooo embarrassed if I left the place a tip.

Mind you once we and a group of friends stayed in a very posh hotel for another friends wedding and one of our friends found a pair of someone elses pants just underneath the bed when she'd only just checked in :yikes: So it goes to show some hotels don't clean their rooms quite as throughly as we like to think! (No disrespect to any hoteliers out there ;) )

10. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

Yep just come back from a week away and believe we left it cleaner than when we arrived, stripped beds and washed ALL the dishes cleaned cooker etc

11. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

I treat the holiday place as I do my own house, with respect ;) Generally, I leave the place the way I find it. On one holiday in rural France I left it cleaner and tidier than I found it :rolleyes:

If there is a washing machine I strip down the beds and put them in for a wash to give the changeover person a headstart and if there isn't a washing machine I strip the beds ready for washing, leaving the bedding on each individual bed so the changeover person can see all the bedding is there.

Some do Jan :( Other guests I've had when I walk into the cottage I wonder if they spent any time there at all its so neat and tidy ... I like those days :D

12. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Do you know it took me ages to realise that was the done thing in hotels.lol
    I always folded the dirty towels then i read a sign asking for towels to be left in the bath.I still haven't got my head around that practice.:D

13. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

I always "spring clean" the cottage, usually better than when we arrived :rolleyes:

I always very conscious that many places don't accept dogs, so it is up to owners to ensure we give the ones that do, no reason to stop!

14. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

We spend most of the last day of our holiday packing and cleaning,for the same reason as you.We have been lucky enough to find a place we love and the people are fantastic,so anything thing we can do to help to make their lives a bit easy we do.:D

15. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

yep always clean the place before we go home. Don't think I could deal with someone thinking I am a dirty person lol :eek:

16. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

I bet they really appreciate knowing that you are in the property cos they know you will look after it, which is all I want from my guests. Don't expect them to leave it like a new pin, just look after the place. Anything over and above that is a bonus.

Some peeps get invited back ;) others go on my black list :lol:

Although we got the cottage, we still go on self catering holidays elsewhere (hubby wants to mainly). I tend to book through owners direct website, so I'm dealing with the actual owner of the property, usually meet them to collect the keys etc, wouldn't be able to look them in the eye if I'd left it like a tip :eek:

17. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I always try to leave the place as I found it or cleaner

18. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

When we go on our holidays, I always clean up as we go and do a thorough clean before we leave, my brother in law who have a chalet next to ours on our last holiday....he said bloody hell Che it dont look like this chalet have been used, ours is like a shite pit at the moment lol. But I dont like mess and there is no need for it to be left for cleaners and owners to clean up. I am not house proud and think a home should be lived in, but there is a line I draw, that is have to be clean but NOT sterile.xx

19. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

we own a holiday lodge that we rent out , there is a cleaning firm that clean the lodge after every visitor but sometimes we get there after the visitors have left but before the cleaners have been , and you'd be amazed how disgusting some people are

We once found used condoms left on the kitchen worktops :eek:

toilets that look like they havent been flushed for a week

muck traipsed in on the carpets , despite there being access to the lodge without going on the carpeted areas so people can take off dirty shoes

duvets that are minging (how can anyone get a duvet disgustingly dirty in one week is beyond me)

Burn marks on furniture and carpets

kids scribbling on walls

broken fixtures

stolen items

You'd think people would show a little respect :mad: ... id hate to see the state their homes were in if they can treat someone elses the way they do (and they are aware its a private lodge and not a Haven company lodge)

Oops , can open , worms everywhere , lol
    sorry for the rant

#19 Mese, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  20. wiley80

wiley80 Guest

Up until last year i worked in an hotel as an house keeper...i can tell you now that some people have no respect at all,the things i've seen and cleaned would make your eyes water...i found some of the worst rooms were left by buisness men :eek:

I have had the pleasure of walking into rooms covered in blood quite a few times,i've had to clean up used sanitry towels that were stuck onto the bathroom walls and the toilet seat...and used condoms thrown under the beds were a daily occurence :rolleyes:

I will always have respect for the cleaning staff and leave the place as i found it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice