Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

When you complain about a dog (scotland)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Mar 31, 2011.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Do you have to give name/address?

And how long ought I to write down every time this dog goes mental?
    I started yesterday evening, it was yapyapyapyaping collie style for 2 hours straight, and again tonight for nearly an hour.

I don't mind (as much) it barking at a passing dog. Because it does eventually shut up. But when its neighbours kids are playing it just barks constantly.

Do the council come and listen? Cause it will be pointless if they come when the kids are at school or its raining, because the dog only really goes mental when they are playing. But with the holidays coming up, it is going to drive me round the bend!

On the other hand... I am too scared to say something myself. No idea why. But I have her sons girlfriend on my FB and Ive thought of asking her to get him to say something to his mum about the dog. But shes the type of person to fly off the handle about that so I don't know.

Maybe I ought to write her an anonymous letter but then I rekon she will know its me because I tell the dog to shut up (she never tells it to shut up but her sons do).

I wish I could just go and live where there are no neighbours! Lol

2. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Don't know about Scotland but here between the hours of 7am - 11pm don't think much would be done about it.

We have one round here who has separation anxiety as he barks loads but no one has ever complained, we've just asked if he okay and he looks fit and happy when he's out. Barking doesn't bother me though, unless it's my dogs and they only have the occasional howl off which my neighbours like, lol. :)

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Barking doesn't usually bother me, but its just constant and gives me a headache.
    I am considerate to neighbours if my dogs bark for no reason they are put to bed.
    Blimin thing woke me up at 6 am the other day and she didn't even bother telling it to be queit! When its warm I sleep with my window open so just shouted to shut up and it did.

I wish people woudn't have a dog like a collie if they can't be bothered to walk it or at least give it something to do :(

4. BenMac

BenMac PetForums Senior

Think it's always wise to tread carefully around your neighbours in that kind of situation. I know that it's a pain in the bum noise wise...but remember the boot could easily enough be on the other foot sometime. You'll be adding another wee voice to your pack soon....and you never know, even with the best of intentions, you may generate a bit of noise of your own.

Don't start something that could grow arms and legs and come back around and bite you on the bottom. You need to pick your battles.

5. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

It would drive me completely mad and I think I would go round and say something. Not sure that the council will take it seriously if it is only happening when the children are playing but it really isnt on and possibly the dog warden would have a word with them.

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I will always make sure my dogs are quiet, I always have.
    Puppy will be crate trained properly and won't be left alone until she is crate trained, I have the whole of the summer holidays to make sure she isn't going to be noisy.

Ihave put this off for so long, but that dog really drives me mad. If she would just ask the kids to play in their huge back garden instead of under the dogs nose, everything would be fine. I just don't understand why they play football in the tiny front garden where it makes the dog bark, when they have a huge back garden they can use. That is the only time the dog goes mental and every day after school it has been nice, they have played there making the dog constantly bark for 2 hours or more :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice