UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My little darling is now 7 months old, over the last few weeks he seems bored of his puppy food. He used to nearly finish his food before the bowl was on the ground and now he looks at it and walks away. I was wondering if maybe he needs to go onto adult food to get a bit more variety?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Perfect.. will go and have a look to see what lovely adult food I can get him now and hope that he likes it!
TBH. I'd not do it right now.

I agree I'd never have had him on puppy food but he is showing early signs if being fussy. You change now. You're setting yourself up for swapping and changing every two weeks because he wont eat.

He likes the food, hes eaten it fine in the past. Dogs dont get bored of food. They're not humans. They do however realise that you will give in and give them something new and exciting if they reject what's there. Put it down. Leave it for 15 mins. If its not gone take it away and don't give him anything at all (no treats, nothing) till next meal time. You need to teach him ASAP that he eats what you put down or goes without.

Do yourself a favour and nip it in the bud now. Else I can guarantee you'll be posting here in a few months saying he won't eat anything and you've bags of food going to waste.

Once he's eating properly again. Swap to whatever food you'd like.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I change mine to adult food at 6 months old. once you have chosen a food i would stick to it if hes happy on it with no issues.

Dogs dont get bored of food, its our interpretation that they do. Dogs will eat whatever is given, if they dont then they need to learn that is what they get or you will end up with a dog who is very good at playing games!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.