Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

When to move on to Phase 2?

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Crazy_about_cats, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Crazy_about_cats

Crazy_about_cats PetForums Newbie

Hi, I am a complete newbie and this is my first post.

Stitch is an 8 week old kitten that we brought home last Saturday; we thought he would make an excellent companion to our playful 2 year old indoor cat, Tabby. Introductions are going well so far, a bit of growling and hissing from Tabby at the start, but that has now stopped.

Stitch has his own room, which we are keeping him in (until he is vaccinated this weekend). Since she has stopped hissing, we leave the door open when either of us is playing with Stitch. She has started to come in, but she sits by the door watching him intently and doesn’t interact when we try and get her to join in and play. If we approach her she runs and hides. Tabby’s behaviour has changed, we have tried to spend equal amounts of time with them both by giving fusses and playing with them. However, Tabby has stopped playing/ coming to us for fusses, even hissing at us on occasion and hides.

We are a bit stuck on what to do next, we would like to start taking Stitch downstairs during the day, since he cries sometimes when we come downstairs and leave him, but I am worried this could set things back if Tabby doesn’t like him in her space yet? I know it is early days still but, any help on this would be great?:confused:

Many Thanks :smile:

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

I cant really give you any practical,first hand advice as I have not had to introduce a new kitten/cat into the house.Have you read this info on introductions,Sorry if it has already been posted but there have been quite a few new kittens recently Introducing your cat to other cats and dogs .There is a better link on the Messybeast web site but it appears to be having probs at the minute.

3. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

Hi crazy about cats. Sorry I replied to your post on thread " new cat advice pls". Hope it helps. Let me know and will start looking on your thread from
    now on xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice