Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

when to change feed

Discussion in 'Poultry Health and Nutrition' started by kopite4eva, Jul 31, 2009.

1. kopite4eva

kopite4eva PetForums Newbie

Hi
    I have 2 peking ducks (george, female and gemima, male) they are about 8 weeks old now I have had them on growers feed for about 4 weeks can anyone say when they should go onto adult feed please ?? not laying yet.. also a good website to buy the food and other things ?? I was shocked to see that there arn't many websites for care of ducks in the uk. :(

thanks guys

2. Cascara

Cascara PetForums Member

It really depends on what you are going to do with them? Ducks will start to lay around 20 weeks and would benefit from going onto layers pellets from around 16 weeks. You can feed poulty corn now and start them on grit or oystershell too. Quite often we have swopped from crumbs to hand crushed lauyers pellets and corn, much cheaper and easier. But if you are raising them for feed then you might look at finishing pellets soon.

3. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

they sounds like great ducks! have you got any pics? pretty please lol??

4. kopite4eva

kopite4eva PetForums Newbie

I just want them as pets if they lay all well and good if not oh well lol... Yes I have pics I love them to bits lol...

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice