UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking in a field along a footpath- Rusty was offlead checking out the scrub for pheasants. I'd spotted there was a air-powered bird scarer in the field and was keeping a close eye on Rusty incase he got scared if it went off.

Well, it went off! I jumped out of my skin :yikes: looked for Rusty thinking he may have bolted... but no, he was just stood there looking at it :rolleyes5: almost like he was annoyed that it had disturbed his walk :angry: it then went off again and I again leapt a mile in the air whilst Rusty decided that he should go and check out that noisy thing in the field... (don't worry I recalled him back when I saw that he wanted to investigate!)

It did surprise me- those things are bloomin loud... makes me wonder if he did do some sort of gun dog work before I got him :confused: he is also not worried in the slightest by fireworks and sleeps straight through the noise.

So, how has your dog surprised you recently?

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
I was walking in a field along a footpath- Rusty was offlead checking out the scrub for pheasants. I'd spotted there was a air-powered bird scarer in the field and was keeping a close eye on Rusty incase he got scared if it went off.

Well, it went off! I jumped out of my skin :yikes: looked for Rusty thinking he may have bolted... but no, he was just stood there looking at it :rolleyes5: almost like he was annoyed that it had disturbed his walk :angry: it then went off again and I again leapt a mile in the air whilst Rusty decided that he should go and check out that noisy thing in the field... (don't worry I recalled him back when I saw that he wanted to investigate!)

It did surprise me- those things are bloomin loud... makes me wonder if he did do some sort of gun dog work before I got him :confused: he is also not worried in the slightest by fireworks and sleeps straight through the noise.

So, how has your dog surprised you recently?
They are loud when you are near them aren't they, I had one go off about 5m away from me once, it made a whirring sound first which perturbed me as I had know idea what it was, then BOOM!!, thankfully I didn't have a dog with me :yikes: So well done Rusty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.