Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

When should I introduce my 4 month old kitten to an indoor/outdoor cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Kyaviana, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Kyaviana

Kyaviana PetForums Junior

Hello!

I am just wondering when it was safe for me to introduce my 4 month old kitten to resident 9 year old indoor/outdoor cat? Older cat is not mine, I live in a shared house.

I’ve been keeping them on separate floors since I rescued my kitten, but it’s been getting harder and harder to keep them apart. He just finished his last round of the core vaccines 2 weeks ago. He has not gotten the rabies, FeLV, FIV, FIP and other vaccinations. Is it safe to introduce the two to each other now, or is there still a chance he could get a dangerous disease?

He is FeLV negative. Other cat is healthy also, but I’m worried that he will expose my kitten to diseases from the outside etc.

Thank you in advance! Pic of my special little guy below :)

Attached Files:

2. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Cute little boy :)

He doesn’t need FelV or FIV vaccines, the FIP vaccine is not very effective.
    FIV vaccine can make them to test positive which can cause issues if they get lost and land in a shelter.

Rabies will depend on the laws in your state or country.

You could begin to introduce them now.

3. Kyaviana

Kyaviana PetForums Junior

Thank you so much! I just wanted to be sure about my special little guy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice