Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

When does the fur grow back?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Izzie, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Izzie

Izzie PetForums Senior

My girls were spayed around 6 weeks ago and both still have VERY noticable bald patches where they were spayed.

The vet said the fur would grow back fully in 3 weeks (although that did seem a bit quick) but it's going so much more slowly than that!

There is fur growth, but it doesn't seem to be coming in very fast at all. How long did your kitty's fur take to grow back?

2. Jugsmalone

Jugsmalone PetForums VIP

Mika took around three months for full hair re-growth after spaying.

3. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

As you can see from the attached Molly had a LOT of fur to grow back!! From what I can remember it took a good few months, at least 3, before it was back to normal!

Attached Files:

4. broccoli

broccoli PetForums VIP

3 ish, more before it looked a total match!!

5. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

The best part of 3 months for Abby to be all back to normal. The bald spot started to fuzz over after about 3 weeks - maybe that is what your vet was suggesting.

6. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

I would agree with the other posters around 3 months to grow back. I think your vet had a slip of the tongue when he/she suggested 3 weeks.

7. Izzie

Izzie PetForums Senior

Looks like 3 months + is the general consensus then.

I actually had quite a long conversation with him about it. He did say it could take up to 3 months, but said in his opinion, that was incredibly rare! He started going on about hair growth cycles and regeneration of hair, depended on at what point in the cycle the hair was shaved etc - sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Maybe I just tuned him out :p or perhaps as Moggybaby said, he just meant for some fur to grow back.

8. ever expanding

ever expanding PetForums Senior

Agree with the above reading your post my millie was about 3ish months and fuzzed at about 3 weeks i remember thinking the same how long is this going to take does feel like a life time theyll be back to normal soon the time will fly by im sure x

9. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

It seems to grow back only when you don't care anymore :)
    I find funny to see Ari's pics with the uneven fur. That time passed in a blink of an eye!!

10. Bette

Bette PetForums Senior

Yep,about 3 months for Ingrid too-it was a bit bristly at first as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice