Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

When do they stop growing

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by cinnamontoast, Jan 12, 2011.

1. My post were based on the upward movement SL! I do not think there are many of our breed size at least that show much upward growth after 12 month!

2. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

No DT, but as you know, growth isn't limited to height. They can look gangly for ages, and you think they've suddenly gained in stature, only to find out, no, they've just filled out, finally ;)

3. My replies have ONLY been based with response to the height! which I took it as to what the OP were asking! Never had I said in any post I have ever made that they do not continue to 'fill out' improve muscle tone' whatever!

4. Road_Hog

Road_Hog PetForums Member

Full height is usually achieved somewhere between 9 - 12 months. Dogs continue to grow for a bit and bulk out, but don't usually get any taller after this age.

5. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

Thank you for answering with a precise response. :)

6. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

no no, wasnt stating it as fact. just from my own experience. kody got weighed today, and he has put on another 0.2kg. he is pretty much spot on with the breed standard for a beagle (not that thats gospel).
    i know of a lot of beagles who continue gaining weight well after 18months...just usually a bit too much :p

every dog is different :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice