Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

When did you notice your dog interested in the opposite sex

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by bird, Jun 24, 2009.

1. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Going off the other thread about what age dogs start to hump. When did you notice your dog taking an "interest" in other dogs.
    A few weeks ago Arnie came across a bitch in heat had a smell of her and then went to play with his other friends. Last week now shes off heat he's suddenly interested. :confused: Hes 8 1/2 mths

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Dave is 5 months and a few weeks ago we were at oh mums for a bbq.
    He spent the whole time following Coisty the springer next door and cried when she went in for her dinner.
    Apart from that he hasn't really taken that much notice whether the other dogs male or female.

x

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Both my dogs, 1 male, 1 female, 'humped' as little puppies, this was mostly after a play fight.
    Zipper my boy began 'humping' with intent at about 6 months - he wasn't fussy, male or female front or back - he just went for it:D;) He even tried it on with a cat :eek:

4. fluffybunny2001

fluffybunny2001 PetForums VIP

my dog is 4 and entire and has never shown interest in the opposite sex,that may be because he`s never come across and entire bitch

5. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I think i must have the only odd dogs on here lol.Kai has only ever shown an "interest" in Mia once and that was when they came back from the groomers.Mia on the other hand does show an interest in him sometimes.:confused:

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I think my dogs are lesbians, they get horny around each other :w00t:

Sky is almost 8 months and just had her first season :)

7. zanussi

zanussi PetForums Member

We got Banjo from the RSPCA where he was bought in with a pregnant bitch and it is believed he is the father of the puppy (only 2 were born and just 1 survived- we saw her yesterday and she is so similar to him but at 5 mths she's already bigger than him as her mother was a "tall collie" apparently!)

If he is her father that would've put him at around 5 months himself when he did the deed- I wouldn't have thought it possible myself but when you see them together it's uncanny.

8. cavmad

cavmad PetForums VIP

My chi Ike humped when i got him at 9 weeks and wouldn't leave the girls alone including the cats he cocked his leg about a week later and never stopped. Needless to say he was castrated at 6 onths as soon as ther vet would do him.Most of the humping has stopped except for Marble the cat who he really loves she is the only thing the same size as him.

9. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Apart from when out neighbours dog was just at the end of her season Cheeko's always been more interested in boys :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice