Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

when can i move my kits?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Pampered pets, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

I think my kits are about 4/5 weeks old now.

They are fully weened and out all the time now, 3 of them have turned into lion heads so i guess thats what dad was.

I would now like to move mum, aunt and kits into a hutch with a run to give them more space, is it ok now to move them?

i figured mum woudlnt get as stressed now they are weaned at least they are eating (eating me out of house and bloody home lol) so its not like she can abandon them, oh and when can kits have veg?

feel sorry for mum having none as the kits have rushed to it so ive had to remove it.

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

I dont think mum would mind if you moved the hutch their currently in, but she might not like somewhere completely new with different smells, can u not just combine the 2 somehow? if you let mum out for a run around or while ur grooming her give her some treats then, id wait a while before giving veg to the babies

3. Pampered pets

No i cant add the run onto the current hutxh, it woudl have to be a different hutch with run, so i should wait then?

4. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

Hmm i think i would wait til they were 6 weeks, then move them with lots of their old bedding, however i think others on here would be better to give advice

5. frags

frags PetForums VIP

i take the nesting box out of the pens at 2 weeks old so at there age you will be fine to move them.

6. Pampered pets

Ok thanks for that frags, it will likely be wed when they get moved which wil make them nearly a week older, they do need more room than they have now.

7. frags

frags PetForums VIP

oh and i dont give my lot veg unless they get to approx 10-12 weeks if theyre still with me. i tend to tell new buyers to gradually introduce veg and grass slowly at about 3-4 months although i will do this myself at a younger age as i know how to introduce it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice