Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

When a dog misses someone

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Polimba, May 30, 2010.

1. Polimba

Polimba PetForums VIP

My husband goes away quite a lot and he left on Thursday for a month. I think Zimba is really missing him. He keeps sneaking upstairs and looking in the bedroom and ensuite, I think he's looking for him. He seems a bit unsettled, not really naughty but a bit like he doesn't know what to do with himself.

Is there anything I can do to help? Would a piece of husband's clothes in his bed help do you think?

2. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

You could try giving him a t shirt that your husband has been wearing.

3. Wyndham

Wyndham PetForums Member

weird, my OH has been away for a few days and Colin has started being really naughty, like u say - doesnt know what to do with him self - never thought he could be missing daddy?

4. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

my dogs don't act up when dad goes but they do get somewhat miserable. Dante especially. If dad's gone away for more than like, a day, he'll sit by the front door most of the time and sulk until dad comes back.

I don't think it bothers mika so much as mikas normally around me most of the time...don't know what he'd be like if i left. When he was a pup it didn't bother him but now a year on...don't know lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice