Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Whelping advice

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Batchacre1, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Batchacre1

Batchacre1 PetForums Newbie

hello,

Our jack russell bitch is at 59 days today, she is rather restless and is dithering around alot. I have just taken her temp and she stands at 99f...this is her second pregnancy.

She has just had a big supper, lots of different signs..... with the temp being below 100f could she be starting the first part of labour?

thanks

2. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Could be no one can really tell you..Temp sounds promising but then that could go back up again..If it stays at that for 2hours then i would say its looks like tonight/early hours of this morning will be when she starts..But some go in quicker than others..
    Also most bitch (although not all) tend not to eat leading up to labour..Im guessing her waters havent broken yet.

3. Batchacre1

Batchacre1 PetForums Newbie

Well i will check her again in a few hours, only in next room, so can keep an eye on her.

What should i expect when her waters break? or is that a silly question!!

This is her first lot of puppies, and mine also!

4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

After her waters break then pups could come at any time, normaly not long after...

Ohh you said in your first post that this was her second pregnancy..did she not have the pups!?

#4 DevilDogz, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2009
  5. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Sounds like it to me, is she licking as well, temperature will be high and stay high for a while, she will be acting wierd, restless etc, my dog used to watch me all the time as if to say " dont go too far will you". Once her water broke the first pup came 2 hours after, all dogs are different, and do different things. Get everything ready especiall keep that kettle on for your cuppa's hee hee Good luck and hope everything all goes well. my dog was 58 days when she went into labour. some go over the expected dates too, just keep an eye on her. If she goes out for a wee go with her and keep an eye on her while she is out there..xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    temp will go up and then drop is what I meant to say. sorry about confusion.

#5 xxwelshcrazyxx, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  6. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

You mean stay low dont you! :confused: Leading up to labour they have the "temp drop" where the tempature goes lower than what its been at! :confused:...Usally "36c"

7. cav

cav PetForums VIP

have the pups been born?

i use have jr called toby quite a years ago :)

8. nat1979

nat1979 PetForums VIP

I hope all goes well
    But i am lost with your posts

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice