Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

wheezy coughing do

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Alfiegeorge, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Alfiegeorge

Alfiegeorge PetForums Junior

Hi, very occasionaly my little yorkie has a strange wheezy funny do, he goes all rigid, looks as if he's heaving and makes a whooping, coughing sound, has anyone else experienced this ? it is very occasional but distressing, does anyone know what this is ?

2. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

is it not a kind of astma does he do it if he gets excited or if theres a air freshner on or something. Try and think when does it happen

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

4. Alfiegeorge

Alfiegeorge PetForums Junior

Hi,thank you for your prompt reply and the video, yes that is exactly what happens to him, the wikipedia article was quite reassuring, i will get him checked out next time we are at the vet but feel loads better for seeing and reading that, thank you.

5. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

A dog i had did this and it was a problem with his heart,he needed meds from the vet,

6. Shaza

Shaza PetForums Junior

My youngest lhasa puppy does this. The first time I was so worried I rushed her to the vet but she told me its called "reverse sneezing", something to do with their elongated palate, and nothing to worry about. Oscar has never done it though. I'm not too sure if it would be the same for a yorkie.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice