UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, very occasionaly my little yorkie has a strange wheezy funny do, he goes all rigid, looks as if he's heaving and makes a whooping, coughing sound, has anyone else experienced this ? it is very occasional but distressing, does anyone know what this is ?

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
is it not a kind of astma does he do it if he gets excited or if theres a air freshner on or something. Try and think when does it happen

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,thank you for your prompt reply and the video, yes that is exactly what happens to him, the wikipedia article was quite reassuring, i will get him checked out next time we are at the vet but feel loads better for seeing and reading that, thank you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My youngest lhasa puppy does this. The first time I was so worried I rushed her to the vet but she told me its called "reverse sneezing", something to do with their elongated palate, and nothing to worry about. Oscar has never done it though. I'm not too sure if it would be the same for a yorkie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.