Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Whats your house like in hot weather??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by catz4m8z, May 24, 2010.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Is it a nightmare or pretty darned cool!:cool:
    I tend to keep the windows and curtains closed during the day and it stays lovely and cool. I have got fans but dont often needs them. Plus the cat run is out of the sun by about 11.30 so is nice for the animals to relax in.
    Was actually sitting in the lounge earlier thinking I might need a jumper, even though its 28degrees outside!:eek::thumbup:

2. BattleKat

BattleKat PetForums Senior

disgusting. upstairs is alright with all the windows open but my room is next to the conservatory and has NO WINDOWS!!!!!!
    I have a fan going most of the time, the conservatory doors and windows all open and I'm naked the majority of the time.
    I am not a fan of the summer. moving soon though!!! and then at least I'll have a skylight, even if it's not a proper window :p

3. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

We have a bungalow and the front room gets all the sun! Let's put it this way - the heater in my tropical aquarium rarely has to come on! :eek: So in hot weather I tend to keep the curtains closed and have a fan or two on the go plus the doors open as well as the windows to allow a draft to blow through as well.

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Gas Mark 8 for 24 hours.
    I am cooking here, we got fans going, the sun have dropped behind the trees now so a bit cooler but it is soooo stuffy. I got ice cubes in the dogs bowls, and they still insist on going into the garden so there are two bowls of ice cold water and a sheet over the two benches like a tent for them to all sleep under.

5. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

front room is cool rest is awful.

Worse thing is having to sleep with bedroom window shut as live in a bungalow even the small one :mad:

6. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

ours is awfull, even with all windows open theres just no ventalation coming through.....the bedroom is the coolest room though, and the kittens like the kitchen floor.

7. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

cooking in here...got fans on in my room and downstairs ... smudge is sitting near the fan bless him

8. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

My place is okay. I live in a bungalow and we have a converted attic space to make it a 3 bedroom, the attic space has been poorly insulated so is like a sauna in the daytime and like a fridge at night :rolleyes: the rest of the place is nice and breezy with the windows open :thumbup:

9. dingal2000

dingal2000 PetForums VIP

mine's pretty cool, 31 outside yesterday, it was about 20 in here, walk in thrugh the door and ts nice and cool

10. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

our attic was converted into a 4th bedroom and in the summer its more than a sauna and in the winter its like the antartic:lol:

11. willa

willa PetForums VIP

If u put ice cubes in the dogs bowl, won't the dog swallow the cube whole, or it'll get stuck to their tongue

12. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Nooooo. I put them in there for a while then take them out. :lol: I should of put that in there. the little ones would be ok with them in their bowls as they are tiny dogs, but benji would prob try to eat one. I have a bowl in the kitchen and put cubes in there while they are drinking out the other bowl, then when it is warm I take the old one away and replace it with the colder one, hubby said they are treated better than him in this weather. :lol:

13. luvmydogs

luvmydogs PetForums VIP

Pretty darned cool. We have air conditioning. :cool:

14. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Upstairs it's warm because it's carpet but downstairs it's cool because it's all wooden flooring and stone tiles :)

15. zoeeoo

zoeeoo PetForums Member

my living room is normaly cold but in the day its warm nice temp but still at night cold but up stair its a nightmare really warm the bathroom is good and kitchen but i love sitting outside or walking slow with the dogs it nice.

16. Muriel May

Muriel May Guest

We have got all the windows and doors open, and we have fans on in all bedrooms. The upstairs is a lot hotter than downstairs. :(

17. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

With the Velux windows upstairs open it creates a through draft, in the morning the back of the house (sun room, kitchen) is cooler than the front (2 bedrooms) & by 3pm its the other way round

18. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn PetForums Senior

The sun is on the front of ours all day.. the front bedroom and entry room are like a sauna.. Tiggr loves sitting on our bed in the sunlight and in the front window though :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice